News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Catholic's way of proving that their god exists.

Started by highway17, September 06, 2011, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

How disgusting that anyone would think a person would lie about the sexual assault in church.  I hope these old crones go down SOON. I want to see them thrown rotten fruit, and much worse.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 09, 2011, 10:45:41 AM
to be fair, I heard the chap on the wheel never had any problems with his back again, he was cured for good. I do like the chiropractor on the left who's avidly taking notes, maybe it was a university class.

Could be...could be...they routinely claim that they invented the scientific method...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 09, 2011, 05:42:30 PM
to be fair, I heard the chap on the wheel never had any problems with his back again, he was cured for good. I do like the chiropractor on the left who's avidly taking notes, maybe it was a university class.

Could be...could be...they routinely claim that they invented the scientific method...

Do they really? O_o

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 09, 2011, 05:26:13 PM
How disgusting that anyone would think a person would lie about the sexual assault in church.  I hope these old crones go down SOON. I want to see them thrown rotten fruit, and much worse.

My father likes willful ignorance. My best friend is gay and, in the ten years that we've been friends, my Dad hasn't and won't acknowledge that my friend's sexuality even exists. He's nice as pie to him, and he knows that he's important to me, but that's his Catholic thinking. If you ignore the things you don't like, they don't exist. Which I guess is marginally better than trying outright persecute people? Maybe? a little?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 09, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 09, 2011, 05:42:30 PM

Do they really? O_o

Yes. At least the Catholics who post at a forum called Phatmass do, though most of them I guess are of the more conservative and doctrinal type. They credit The Catholic Church for indirectly inventing the scientific method, during the late Middle Ages and definitely incorporate that achievement as their own.  They say that it was it came into existence as a way for philosophers to try and find natural reasons for god's existence, which is, of course, ridiculous.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

highway17

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 10, 2011, 06:14:50 AMYes. At least the Catholics who post at a forum called Phatmass do, though most of them I guess are of the more conservative and doctrinal type. They credit The Catholic Church for indirectly inventing the scientific method, during the late Middle Ages and definitely incorporate that achievement as their own.  They say that it was it came into existence as a way for philosophers to try and find natural reasons for god's existence, which is, of course, ridiculous.

That's the same explaination this "Catholic Morality" class gave.