News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Gun fanatics?

Started by ZombiePhysics, August 03, 2011, 01:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombiePhysics

Rather recently, I have discovered a hobby I think I can keep up for more than a few months. And it's been an excellent time for me to bond with my father, who got me into actually shooting for the first time.

I'm also curious as to what the gun fanatics out there own. Perhaps you could post a list or tell us a few, a wish, first gun you shot, bought, you know.
"I wait for a miracle every day, but what I've seen here has only tested my patience, not my faith." - Fox Mulder

Squid

At the current time I don't have any firearms in my possession, however, in the past I have and I have my eye on some new ones.  The last firearm I owned was a Ruger P95 and for the price it was pretty damn good.  The polymer lower felt more plastic and cheap but it was solid and didn't crack or damage easily.  I also had a cheap HiPoint compact 9mm - these are pieces of junk but you get what you pay for and they only run about $150 brand new.  I drool over my friend's HK MK23 often.  I have my sights on a Sig P250 9mm and a Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical but cash flow has not allowed these transactions to take place as of yet.  I also fantasize about owning a Rock River Arms Pro-Series Government model AR-15, a Remington 700 SPS Tactical and a Winchester 1894 High Grade 30-30.

I need to get back into shooting again as I haven't done it in years and I'm sure I'm very rusty.

Medusa

I had a Ruger 9 mm at one point when I was in my early 20s. My gf at the time was considering police work (she did k-9 training). Needless to say we had it locked in a case with the key somewhere else. Which was good. I tried to go for it in a fit of Lesbian cat fight. She thought my head would do good to get fresh air via the window pane. I decided she needed some air in her head via the bullet. We settled for some tussling on a pull out couch and some choking to settle the situation. It's really quite funny now when I look back on it.

I shouldn't have ownership of a firearm. I make rash decisions. I mean I've slapped a person simply because they asked me to. Who knows what other dumb stuff I would do with a gun.  :-\
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 03, 2011, 08:36:21 AM
I mean I've slapped a person simply because they asked me to. Who knows what other dumb stuff I would do with a gun.  :-\
I think most people can tell the difference between a slap and a gun shot! And if you couldn't then your not going to be the sort of person who is going to care about the difference anyway.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2011, 08:40:59 AM
I mean I've slapped a person simply because they asked me to. Who knows what other dumb stuff I would do with a gun.  :-\
I think most people can tell the difference between a slap and a gun shot! And if you couldn't then your not going to be the sort of person who is going to care about the difference anyway.
True. I'm Bi Polar. At my worst I was cycling every 20 minutes a different emotion. And I could go from it would be good to pile drive the semi truck in front of me to it would be a good idea if I go pray. Some poeple should not have guns. That would be me. But I do think they are a great thing for others!

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 03, 2011, 08:43:30 AM
True. I'm Bi Polar. At my worst I was cycling every 20 minutes a different emotion. And I could go from it would be good to pile drive the semi truck in front of me to it would be a good idea if I go pray. Some poeple should not have guns. That would be me. But I do think they are a great thing for others!
I agree that some people should not have guns. There were periods during 2009 when if I had had access to a gun I may well not be here now.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Hidelight

Quote from: Medusa on August 03, 2011, 08:43:30 AM
ue. I'm Bi Polar. At my worst I was cycling every 20 minutes a different emotion. And I could go from it would be good to pile drive the semi truck in front of me to it would be a good idea if I go pray. Some poeple should not have guns. That would be me. But I do think they are a great thing for others!
I am not bipolar but think you have a good point
Guns and religion can be dangerous for self and others when some one has a severe mental illness

And how do we know about either?
I like potato guns!

xSilverPhinx

I used to have an air gun (not lethal, but can blind a person) when I was young.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Jephthah

My Father bought me a Ruger 10/22 when I was about thirteen.  My Mom didn't approve and told him to return it, but Dad put his foot down.  I got to keep the gun and Dad got to sleep on the couch.

Jephthah

My Father bought me a Ruger 10/22 when I was about thirteen.  My Mom didn't approve and told him to return it, but Dad put his foot down.  I got to keep the gun and Dad got to sleep on the couch.

Tank

I have a couple of airguns and I made sure all my kids had a go with them so they at least had a feeling for what the real thing is capable of. My son joined the air cadets and learned to shoot proprerly there, he got his marksmans badge.

Thing is a gun is more likly to kill its owner than anybody else.

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on August 04, 2011, 07:52:34 AM
I have a couple of airguns and I made sure all my kids had a go with them so they at least had a feeling for what the real thing is capable of. My son joined the air cadets and learned to shoot proprerly there, he got his marksmans badge.

That's why I liked having my german shepard and rotti instead. In my neighborhood people are more scared of the dogs then the guns.

Medusa

This is a riddle right?  ???

Maybe you thought you were in the gun thread?  ??? ???
:-\

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 04, 2011, 08:29:30 AM
This is a riddle right?  ???

Maybe you thought you were in the gun thread?  ??? ???
:-\
He's already posted in the gun thread, I think this is a cock-up, we'll see :D

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 04, 2011, 08:28:03 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 04, 2011, 07:52:34 AM

That's why I liked having my german shepard and rotti instead. In my neighborhood people are more scared of the dogs then the guns.
Well dogs can't be reasoned with, they are unpredictable and can rip your nuts off. Not the sort of combination any normal man would go near! Similar to some women with PMT (boy am I going to get kicked for that!) ;D