News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Somali children die from hunger...

Started by OhCheese, August 07, 2011, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awolf26

Tank

Quote from: OhCheese on August 07, 2011, 10:01:53 PM
WHERE IS GOD?????????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPU6ubA2k4

Exactly. If God exists then he definitly is a complete arsehole and not worthy of worship.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

Oh please. God doesn't cause children to die of starvation any more then he denies me winning the damn lottery. God is irrelevant in the world of men. We are our own problem.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 08, 2011, 09:39:13 AM
Oh please. God doesn't cause children to die of starvation any more then he denies me winning the damn lottery. God is irrelevant in the world of men. We are our own problem.
Then God is irrelevent.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2011, 10:30:46 AM
Quote from: Medusa on August 08, 2011, 09:39:13 AM
Then God is irrelevent.
Agreed. God doesn't cure some kid from cancer because she prayed harder then the kid next to her. And he didn't give Hugh Hefner his genius idea of Playboy. When we blame God we are saying it exists. Which it doesn't. So I don't spend any time ever blaming what men do in the name of anything to justify why they do it. Men do shit because men do shit. (men as in mankind I mean). To be perfectly frank here, when I see non believers blaming God for something I think it suspicious. And it betrays their true reasons for being anti theists chalking it up to butthurt. That's merely my opinion. But if you don't believe in a deity I shouldn't be hearing anyone talking about where to lie the blame at. Leave that for believers to do. They do enough judging of their own deity for the rest of us.  ;)

Tank

I don't think that the OP is blaming God, I thinks he is pointing out that the situation simply illustrates that any God worthy of worship could not possibly exist and allow such a situation to exist. Lets face it, people who starve pets (should) end up in prison. Yet the nominal creator will sit back and starve His own pets to death while being perfectly capable of intervening. What's a little rain between friends when you can flood the planet if you want to?

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2011, 11:37:19 AM
I don't think that the OP is blaming God, I thinks he is pointing out that the situation simply illustrates that any God worthy of worship could not possibly exist and allow such a situation to exist. Lets face it, people who starve pets (should) end up in prison. Yet the nominal creator will sit back and starve His own pets to death while being perfectly capable of intervening. What's a little rain between friends when you can flood the planet if you want to?
If that were the case humans wouldn't exist at all. Can you think of a worse creature? I surely can't. The deity of any man does not starve you. YOU starve yourself by your actions and your inability to think rationally of the future of your own kind. I'm sure if God did exist he would say before you reach your hand to me, how about reaching it to your neighbor, you moron. At some point you have to look to your own inept stupidity and where the dunce cap all on your own. And that's humans for you. Sitting in the corner thinking they are so smart they got thumbs. All the while being dumb as rocks. Stop looking up and start looking around for blame.

(and I didn't mean to imply anything about the OP) It's the general God dun me wrong posts that get me smelling something fishy. Know what I mean?

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on August 08, 2011, 11:53:31 AM
If that were the case humans wouldn't exist at all. Can you think of a worse creature? I surely can't. The deity of any man does not starve you. YOU starve yourself by your actions and your inability to think rationally of the future of your own kind. I'm sure if God did exist he would say before you reach your hand to me, how about reaching it to your neighbor, you moron. At some point you have to look to your own inept stupidity and where the dunce cap all on your own. And that's humans for you. Sitting in the corner thinking they are so smart they got thumbs. All the while being dumb as rocks. Stop looking up and start looking around for blame.

(and I didn't mean to imply anything about the OP) It's the general God dun me wrong posts that get me smelling something fishy. Know what I mean?
Well if it's a believer saying their God did them wrong then I agree that that individual needs to look to themselves before their God to see where responsibility lies.

But if God did exist and he allowed things like the holocaust to happen then he's inexcusably immoral and therefore not worthy of worship.

Awolf26

Medusa and others,

Actually, I meant to start a thread about this elsewhere (and I will), but I get very annoyed by "atheists" that only appear to be atheist because they feel like their life has been shitty, hence no god.

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2011, 12:31:39 PM
Quote from: Medusa on August 08, 2011, 11:53:31 AM

Well if it's a believer saying their God did them wrong then I agree that that individual needs to look to themselves before their God to see where responsibility lies.

But if God did exist and he allowed things like the holocaust to happen then he's inexcusably immoral and therefore not worthy of worship.

I'm off to work but I will try to get back to you when I come back!