News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Be a penpal to a deployed atheist soldier.

Started by tigerlily46514, August 11, 2007, 08:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily46514

Anyone interested in writing to a deployed atheist soldier may follow the link below to sign up.  I hear their mail/email is what gets them through.  

http://www.maaf.info/network.html
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Squid

I can tell you that when you're deployed and on the other side of the Earth from home, friends and family, any little thing that connects you to that becomes indispensable - letters, e-mail, pictures, videos, homemade cookies (those were always like gold), et cetera.

tigerlily46514

You sound like you are speaking from experience.  I've heard what you say is so true, that even what seems a small thing can get a soldier a moment of comfort....

I feel so sorry for those young people over there, I personally am against the war, and i do realize our army is all volunteer, but so many of them are so young, and signed up under misinformation, some out of desparation to get college or out of a bad neighborhood, (so many are in the lowest 1/3 of socioeconomic status and had fewer options than other kids have).  I am sure there are all kinds of people, and all kinds of reasons, but still, they are brave young people in harm's way.  

And I want to support especially any atheist soldiers, they might have less of a support system than some of the others, i don't know...
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Squid

Quote from: "tigerlily46514"You sound like you are speaking from experience.

Sure am.

take2gemini

My mommy and daddy were in the military [thus me.]

I will definatly be doi9ng this!

Dai

*does a little dance*

I Leave this shit-hole in a month, but I am bound to be back over here!