News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Harry Potter VII is the best movie I've seen all year

Started by Gawen, July 16, 2011, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Fantastic end (even though I read the books)

The scene with Snape and Harry is quite touching.

A close second is Thor.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

McQ

Haven't seen it yet. Heard it was fantastic from about a dozen friends who saw it. I want to wait a couple of weeks until the madness at the theater dies down!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

The Magic Pudding

I've read all the books, the first few aloud.
It used to be a family thing to go see the movies as released but I'll probably wait for the DVD release.

Stevil

With a 2y 7 month and a 7 month old I don't get out much anymore. Movies seem like a luxury now.

Asmodean

I saw it, but (And here is where hate mail starts flooding my inbox) did not like it at all, really.

Well-made, but somehow... Thin. Never been a fan of them books eiher...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hismikeness

I started reading the first book after they became all the rage... never finished it. Thought it boring.
I watched the first movie and the little kid that plays Harry bothered me, so I never watched any of the others. My wife is all it to them though. She went and liked it.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

CHI83

Really. I only watched from The Philosopher's Stone to Deathly Hallows Part 1 (My family has them all on DVD). I couldn't wait to know what happened in Deathly Hallows 2. I read The Deathly Hallows from where the part 1 left off and finished the rest of it it in a span of 6 hours. It was almost surreal. At the end I said to myself "Did all that just happen?"

Will

I never really got into the books or the movies, but anything that irrationally pisses off Christians who are too easily offended by innocent things is okay in my book. And anything that gets kids passionate about reading is awesome in my book.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

roy1967

Saw it last night in 3D.  We have a brand new world class IMAX theatre in Wichita and it freaking rocks!

Oh yeah, the movie was pretty good too!     ;D
The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sweetdeath

I read all the books and still very much enjoyed the movie!  I thought they did such a great job on Snape's flashback scene.  Tiny James potter was so cute!

I think my fav part though was when Voldermort hugged Draco so awkwardly. Everyone in the theater died laughing.  XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

ThinkAnarchy

I quit watching after the second one and never finished reading the books, though my sister was nice enough to spoil the ending. I figure I will wait until the last one comes out on dvd and start watching them all then.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on July 23, 2011, 12:18:31 AM
I quit watching after the second one and never finished reading the books, though my sister was nice enough to spoil the ending. I figure I will wait until the last one comes out on dvd and start watching them all then.
The movies are crappy compared to the books though. they leave out really, really important infotmation and even changed scenes entirely.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 23, 2011, 02:28:46 AM
The movies are crappy compared to the books though. they leave out really, really important infotmation and even changed scenes entirely.
Movies have to though. You spend many hours reading a book but they have to get this all into only 2 hours in a movie.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Stevil on July 23, 2011, 05:25:18 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 23, 2011, 02:28:46 AM
Movies have to though. You spend many hours reading a book but they have to get this all into only 2 hours in a movie.

I have noticed it is much better when they turn books into tv shows. Granted, I'm basing that purely on HBO's Game of Thornes, but that show stays pretty true to the book. The big difference being they can spend 10 hours covering one book, it makes it much more enjoyable.   
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.