News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Kangaroo farts. Yes you read that correctly, Kangaroo farts!

Started by Tank, July 01, 2011, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

'Gas-less' kangaroo secret sniffed out

QuoteScientists have gone some way to explaining why kangaroos produce much less methane in their burps, flatus and manure than farm animals such as cows.

They identified a bacterium in the gut of the Tammar wallaby - a member of the kangaroo family - that processes their food without making methane.

Farm animals are a major source of methane, an important greenhouse gas.

Writing in the journal Science, they suggest the work could show how to cut greenhouse emissions from livestock...

Can you imaging the funding request? Research proposal "Study into Kangaroo flatulence."  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hismikeness

Seems slightly odd that for your 5,000th post you chose one about kangaroo farts.  :D
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Asmodean

You know, methane can also be used as fuel... And me, I like greenhouse gases. So methink I'll stick with cow meat for now  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: hismikeness on July 01, 2011, 02:54:24 PM
Seems slightly odd that for your 5,000th post you chose one about kangaroo farts.  :D
;D I knew I was around 5k, but as you say it's a funny post for my 5,000th!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

I would like to see roos eat more and faster so I don't have to mow as often.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 01, 2011, 04:45:43 PMThen I'd have to get fences.

...As in those low-lives who buy and sell stolen property..? NO! They'd eat the poor biolawnmower  :o
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.