News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Create Your Own Religion

Started by Sophus, June 27, 2011, 10:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

The Huffington Post is letting readers create their own religions. Some of them are pretty funny.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Whitney

Someone tweeted that link to me on twitter and I RTd it and then some jerk scolded me for "supporting spam."  Sorry if anyone here was that jerk but I think everyone here knows I don't like spam and don't like unnecessary criticism.

Anyway, it seems like it could be an interesting project.

DeterminedJuliet

Oddly enough, the one that actually appeals to me the most is the tree worshiping one.
And the gin one  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Billions of people worshipping me. Now THAT would be something  8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: Asmodean on June 30, 2011, 08:39:32 AM

No, that's not religion. You'd just be a dictator  :P
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Davin

Quote from: history_geek on June 30, 2011, 05:11:36 PM

Don't be negative, trying to destroy Asmo's dreams like that... all he'd have to do to make it a religion is make a claim to divinity that the followers believe and come up with some religious practices and then he can have his religion where people worship him.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

DeterminedJuliet

It can be both!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on June 30, 2011, 05:24:29 PM

Don't be negative, trying to destroy Asmo's dreams like that... all he'd have to do to make it a religion is make a claim to divinity that the followers believe and come up with some religious practices and then he can have his religion where people worship him.
Exactly! No raining on Asmo's parade now!  >:( He's wet and grumpy enough as it is. Oh! And sacrifice. He demands human sacrifice. Immediately.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on July 01, 2011, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Davin on June 30, 2011, 05:24:29 PM
Exactly! No raining on Asmo's parade now!  >:( He's wet and grumpy enough as it is. Oh! And sacrifice. He demands human sacrifice. Immediately.  >:(
If Armin Meiwes can find willing sacrifical human, I'm sure you can... I mean it's the internet afterall.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.