News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning'

Started by Tank, June 18, 2011, 06:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

QuoteA Jewish rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a stray dog it feared was the reincarnation of a lawyer who insulted its judges, reports say.

The dog entered the Jerusalem financial court several weeks ago and would not leave, reports Israeli website Ynet.

It reminded a judge of a curse passed on a now deceased secular lawyer about 20 years ago, when judges bid his spirit to enter the body of a dog.

The animal is said to have escaped before the sentence was carried out.

I mean, really in the 21st century we have to put up with adults believing in institutionalised superstitions. This really is the limit as far as blatant f***ing stupidity goes. How much longer has humanity got to put up with sh*t like this for? Seriously stupid fuckwitery!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

original_gender

Quote from: Tank on June 18, 2011, 06:06:55 PM

QuoteA Jewish rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a stray dog it feared was the reincarnation of a lawyer who insulted its judges, reports say.

The dog entered the Jerusalem financial court several weeks ago and would not leave, reports Israeli website Ynet.

It reminded a judge of a curse passed on a now deceased secular lawyer about 20 years ago, when judges bid his spirit to enter the body of a dog.

The animal is said to have escaped before the sentence was carried out.

I mean, really in the 21st century we have to put up with adults believing in institutionalised superstitions. This really is the limit as far as blatant f***ing stupidity goes. How much longer has humanity got to put up with sh*t like this for? Seriously stupid fuckwitery!

Well, the concept of postmortem dog occupation seems to hold interesting potential for the suffering real-estate market. Either way, we better add it to the public school curriculum, so as not to offend the children of our becostumed Isreali friends.

Cecilie

My dog is the reincarnation of Jim Morrison. Just so you know.
The world's what you create.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

How come stoning isn't an Olympic sport?
They've got spears and guns which I get, but shot puts and discuss don't seem very practical, it's not as if they come back.
Rocks are pretty much everywhere, it's a much more practical sport.