News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Christian School...

Started by StuartH, April 22, 2011, 11:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I've just saved my kids from this fate.  My mum wanted my kids to go to a Church of England school one day a week.  They professed to be open to all religions and none, and we had arranged that we could skip assembly.  Then when we visited the school the head teacher prompted the children to say grace before lunch.  Run away!
Mum's not religious, just a bit disapproving of home education.
Willow.

Will37

Quote from: StuartH on April 22, 2011, 11:09:35 PM

The school is constantly shoving Christianity down our throats

Well, as far as things being shoved down your throat go, it can get a lot worse than a non-tangible idea.   
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

ThinkAnarchy

Welcome. I attended Catholic schools most of my child hood and although I wasn't an atheist than, I had a lot of problems with the religion. One of the only classes I enjoyed were my religion classes, where I would attempt to back the teachers into a corner with their logic. I had pleasant results about 40% of the time.

I'm not saying you should get yourself into trouble, but it may entertain you a bit to ask them difficult questions, or point out the contradictions they teach.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

darkcyd

Put some allergen on your hands everytime you go to church or people start praying around you...hands swell up.

Go to doctor. Get perscription to be excluded from prayer. Fixed.

Shy

Guess my parents being so caught up in their lives did me a favor. It's sad if you don't stand up with the "norm" you are put out.

Black36

Quote from: StuartH on April 22, 2011, 11:09:35 PM
Well this is the school i go to...I am an Atheist, so you can probably imagine all the fun I have here...

The school is constantly shoving Christianity down our throats and its actually pretty creepy, its almost like brainwashing, twice a week we have assemblies about 'being a good christian' and then twice/three times a week we have Religious Studies (which is just Christian studies) and we always have communion and religious events such as Christianty Day, which was awful. The slogan for the school is Deo Duce or in English: Led By God, and when they built the school they felt it necessary to spend tax payers money on a chapel (which nobody uses) when they have a church down the road. Just think its quite funny the amount of effort they need to go to, to try convince us that Christianity is true, its pathetic.

P.S
The cross glows are night WTF (can be seen for miles)
Also i was too young to decide what to believe and when I joined and I lived right near it, plus I didn't think they would be this pushy about there faith, its awful.
Is your family aware of your worldview?

bicycle

sounds horrible, I can't believe what they did to you!!