News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Athiest son believes again because of lottery

Started by Sweetdeath, May 30, 2011, 05:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

I've split a lot of wishbones, probably scored the winning half about half of the time.
My loved ones remain safe but I haven't won a fortune yet.
I suppose I'd have to say my research into the efficacy of wishbone wishing is inconclusive so far.

fester30

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 30, 2011, 05:35:23 PM
I've split a lot of wishbones, probably scored the winning half about half of the time.
My loved ones remain safe but I haven't won a fortune yet.
I suppose I'd have to say my research into the efficacy of wishbone wishing is inconclusive so far.

Maybe you'd have better luck in the lucky fur hat.

Sweetdeath

I really just want to punch this guy in the face. It's okay to believe in luck, but when you get down to it, the lottery is about chance. You know, 2nd grade fractions? 1 in 12 with win..blah blah.

I just face palm.  :-\

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: fester30 on May 30, 2011, 05:40:27 PM

I'm not sure about this lucky fur concept, not when the fur was so obviously not lucky for the original inhabitant.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 30, 2011, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: fester30 on May 30, 2011, 05:40:27 PM

I'm not sure about this lucky fur concept, not when the fur was so obviously not lucky for the original inhabitant.

Lol! That's so sad xD  I only believe in the magic 8ball.

ThinkAnarchy

It would have only been a miracle if they had won the Million dollars without ever buying a lottery ticket. Granted the odds would be very low that they would win on the one day he prays to a god he doesn't believe in, which leads me to think he prayed to this god a bit more than he wants people to think.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Please, it's just convienent that God would chuck a  mil at these people when children starve, living in the slums.

I agree though, that this guy was probably never really an athiest.