News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildfire_emissary

Q. If you could travel back in time, with no way of returning to the present, would you do it? If so, what year and location would you travel to?
A. Yes. 1978 in Manila.

Q. Would you allow your spouse to work overseas if he/she wants to?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

The Magic Pudding

Q. Would you allow your spouse to work overseas if he/she wants to?

Hmm, you know we aren't allowed to disallow our wives stuff, we have to rely on subtle manipulation techniques these days.

A. Yes, working overseas a great adventure, normally something done before marriage though.

I probably hold a stereotypical view that Filipino women often get treated badly when they travel, and I don't really understand where you're coming from asking this.  I say this in a spirit of goodwill and hope none of your women folk have to do this.

Q. Do you ever try to summon the remote control via Jedi style levitation?

slapdashartist

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 25, 2011, 03:31:18 PM
Q. Do you ever try to summon the remote control via Jedi style levitation?

A: All the time! (though I have yet to actually succeed)

Q: If there was a zombie outbreak, what would be your weapon of choice and why?
"And a moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." -Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk

Tank

Q: If there was a zombie outbreak, what would be your weapon of choice and why?

A: Good quality Samurai sword, effective, doesn't run out of ammunition and is light to carry, downside is that the Zombie has to be close. But they don't tend to move too fast :D

Q: Live long and die slow or live shorted and die quickly?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Willow

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2011, 12:08:57 PM

Q: Live long and die slow or live shorted and die quickly?
A: Definately live long and die slow.  I've got so much to do, I don't want it over in a hurry.  And I can take the suffering.

Q: Are large families unethical?

Willow.

Too Few Lions

A: In a vastly overpopulated world, I personally think the answer is 'yes'. But then I don't feel the need to reproduce!

Q: If you could improve the human body in any single way (like say having a third eye or making us all hermaphrodites), what would it be?

Tank

Q: If you could improve the human body in any single way (like say having a third eye or making us all hermaphrodites), what would it be?

A:The brain would not degenerate with age. The rest of the body would have to take it chances but our brains are truly where we live and I find it tragic that while so much has/is/could be done to keep the body going the brain is a different issue. When life expectancy was 40 and brains topped out at 70 things were the right way around. The organ that makes us human remained pretty well up to the job. Now with the brains topping out around 70 but bodily life expectancy getting into the 80's and centenarians now two a penny our evolved brains are on average not keeping up.

Q: Irrespective of your personal position do you think that overall a vegetarian lifestyle is morally superior to a carnivorous lifestyle?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

fester30

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

A:The brain would not degenerate with age. The rest of the body would have to take it chances but our brains are truly where we live and I find it tragic that while so much has/is/could be done to keep the body going the brain is a different issue. When life expectancy was 40 and brains topped out at 70 things were the right way around. The organ that makes us human remained pretty well up to the job. Now with the brains topping out around 70 but bodily life expectancy getting into the 80's and centenarians now two a penny our evolved brains are on average not keeping up.

Q: Irrespective of your personal position do you think that overall a vegetarian lifestyle is morally superior to a carnivorous lifestyle?

A: First, you're asking to give an opinion irrespective of personal position.  Seems at best very difficult and at worst impossible.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question.  However, the best answer I can give is no.  I do not think it's morally superior.  In fact, I believe the other way around is true.  Animals have teeth and claws and shells and spines to attack with and wings or legs for escape.  Plants just sit there in the ground waiting to be plucked by the V8-thirsty masses.  We need to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.  We need to speak up for the rights of vegetables everywhere, before little Johnny Cabbage finds one day that his neighbors, Moana and Jessie are in a plastic bag on the back of a truck, and there's a man heading his way with veggie-carnage on his mind.  Stand with me, fellow meatatarians!  Save a carrot, eat a cow!

Q: If some influential people in a political party came to you and asked you to run for the top political position in your country (president, PM, etc.) would you and why or why not?

hismikeness

Quote from: fester30 on May 26, 2011, 11:10:20 PM
Q: If some influential people in a political party came to you and asked you to run for the top political position in your country (president, PM, etc.) would you and why or why not?

I would indeed. If the costs were covered for the campaign, I would run in a heartbeat. I would also make it clear that once I was in charge, I would be in charge, and it would be run my way, within the confines of the law, of course.

Q: Help settle a bet for me: What, in your words, are the differences between corned beef and pastrami? (I have a years long argument with a buddy, who is claiming that they are the same thing.)
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Poptop

I hear there is supposed to be a significant difference in taste (maybe due to more pepper in the pastrami).  I also thought one was smoked and one wasn't.  To confuse things, they are basically the same thing and taste the same if your talking about low quality supermarket bought stuff.

What is your most menacing vice?

Tank

Q: What is your most menacing vice?

A: A 35lb forged steel bench vice.

Q: Did your first experience of 'door shut no chance of interruption' carnal knowledge of another come up to expectations?

The Black Jester

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2011, 09:10:11 PM

Q: Did your first experience of 'door shut no chance of interruption' carnal knowledge of another come up to expectations?

A: Yes, it was awkward and embarrassing, which is exactly what I expected.

Q: What is your favorite part of your own body?

The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Tank

Q: What is your favorite part of your own body?

A: The bit that started working 'properly' during puberty   :o

Q: Suppose, at some time in a hypothetical future, there were a group of atheists campaigning to close a church/mosque/temple. Would you side with the atheists attempting to close the building or with the theist attempting to keep it open? Please explain the thoughts/logic behind your reply.

thedport

Quote from: fester30 on May 26, 2011, 11:10:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

A: First, you're asking to give an opinion irrespective of personal position.  Seems at best very difficult and at worst impossible.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question.  However, the best answer I can give is no.  I do not think it's morally superior.  In fact, I believe the other way around is true.  Animals have teeth and claws and shells and spines to attack with and wings or legs for escape.  Plants just sit there in the ground waiting to be plucked by the V8-thirsty masses.  We need to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.  We need to speak up for the rights of vegetables everywhere, before little Johnny Cabbage finds one day that his neighbors, Moana and Jessie are in a plastic bag on the back of a truck, and there's a man heading his way with veggie-carnage on his mind.  Stand with me, fellow meatatarians!  Save a carrot, eat a cow!

It's not so much that I like meat, I just hate vegitable thaaaaat much. LOL
"An honest person can never surrender an honest doubt. Who doubts nothing knows nothing. The wise are prone to doubt."-The good book;Proverbs;Chapter 55

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2011, 09:49:15 PM
Q: Suppose, at some time in a hypothetical future, there were a group of atheists campaigning to close a church/mosque/temple. Would you side with the atheists attempting to close the building or with the theist attempting to keep it open? Please explain the thoughts/logic behind your reply.

A. I would side with the religious group in nearly any scenario I could imagine. I will assume the organization owns the property, therefor I would fight to protect their property rights. If it were state owned land, let's say this happened in a communist type government than I would again support the church against the government infringing upon their rights to pursue non-violent activities. In the second scenario, I'm assuming government owns all the land.

This is all based on the assumption they are your typical church, not the one around where I used to live that used to make children have sex with animals. (True story.)  If it were this kind of church I would side with the atheists.

Q. If you were born in an extreme Muslim country, would you have come out as an atheist? Or would you pretend to go along with the religion to save yourself from possibly being murdered?

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.