News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DaveD on May 31, 2011, 07:45:34 PM
Quote from: darkcyd on May 31, 2011, 04:31:27 PM
Wet bathroom floor leading to wet socks. hate it...FRIGGIN HATE IT
Perhaps some target practice is in order.  ;D
lol
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Willow

Teachers who think they don't need to reference their work or support their argument because they're the teachers.

DaveD

I wasted years of education because I thought teachers couldn't be trusted after two of them acted that way when I was ten. One of them dismissed weeks of hard work, a project with the title "Animals" for which I drew hundreds of pictures, on the grounds that "birds aren't animals, they're birds." Ignorant cow!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DaveD on May 31, 2011, 09:48:36 PM
I wasted years of education because I thought teachers couldn't be trusted after two of them acted that way when I was ten. One of them dismissed weeks of hard work, a project with the title "Animals" for which I drew hundreds of pictures, on the grounds that "birds aren't animals, they're birds." Ignorant cow!

I hate ignorant teachers. The world would surely be better without them.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DaveD

The really sad thing is that, in retrospect, I can see that subsequently I had some bloody good teachers, but I didn't realise it until much too late.

Sweetdeath

People who make smart remarks about the way I dress, then a few years later copy  my image because suddenly Rhianna says red hair is cool.

Fuck you, seriously. >___<
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

I had some good people, but they were not my teachers.

I don't want any of those around ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ZombiePhysics

If people call gun magazines, "clips" and this continues even today, barely any games get this right, and I hear it a lot. The other also concerns guns, when people call rounds, "bullets." I don't need to hear rounds, but ammo will do. And I point these out as much as possible just because I get a subtle amusement out of it. Even though I say that I know I can't change it, I still do it every time I notice.
"I wait for a miracle every day, but what I've seen here has only tested my patience, not my faith." - Fox Mulder

McQ

In the Army, we hated it when people called rifles "guns". You had a rifle, a sidearm, or simply, a weapon. Guns were something that civilians played with for fun.

;D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

danny boy

People who dont use facts or logic when debating important issues (e.g. many politicians).

hismikeness

When people say "Alls I want to know"
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

hismikeness

I've noticed a trend recently (meaning I recently noticed it, not that it necessarily appeared recently) of characters on tv not saying goodbye when they hang up the phone. They just hang up and that's it. It bugs me.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

"Stand out performance!" WTF! It's an Outstanding performance!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Ihateyoumike

When people edit out a post on a message board to nothing more than a period.

;)
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.