News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Saw a psychopath on dr phil

Started by JoeBobSmith, February 09, 2011, 07:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Dexter from Dexter's lab was my role model for years.

Dexter's Lab is awesome so is Pinky and the Brain..... But I'm a child of the 80's, bring back HeMan, Thundercats, Captain Caveman, Super Friends, Voltron........

So I'm the only one that actually watches TV?  Though it's usually Discovery, Animal Planet, SyFy, History, Food Network...........  And Dexter's Lab on Cartoon Network at 10:30 am weekdays......

Ah, I watched some reruns of Thundercats once. 80's cartoons were great, too. Smurfs, especially. (I think that was in the 80's.)

And I only watch tv now when I'm working out at night, and it's usually Food Network or National Geographic. Though I get sick to my stomach seeing some of the stuff people are willing to eat sometimes.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

KDbeads

TV or a movie is always on when I'm sewing, quilting, cooking, canning, doing any needlework, cleaning, etc.....

Prepping food for the dehydrator today and PBS is on.....
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

JoeBobSmith

:verysad:
JoeBobSmith

Whitney

Quote from: "JoeBobSmith"im trying to convey the way science like to break down life into it's building blocks...devaluing to say "a piece of shit".  but life happens to be much for than the sum of it's parts

The job of science is to tell us what things are, how they work etc...not to make value judgments.  

Seems awfully silly to criticize a whole field of study simply because it doesn't do what it wasn't intended to do.

Asmodean

Quote from: "JoeBobSmith"im trying to convey the way science like to break down life into it's building blocks...devaluing to say "a piece of shit".  but life happens to be much for than the sum of it's parts
It also encompasses the functions and interactions of and between the named parts and their surroundings and the results thereof, in broad definition, something which has, to my knowledge, not been denied by any semi-serious scientist. Of course, one can make a distinction between life and the act of living, but that's a different story.

That said, your point doesn't come across in that signature. Needs better metaphors...

THAT said, the point of my little sig rant was actually this:
Quote from: "Asmodean"Quoting yourself in a signature is... Weird. When the signature is written by you, you just drop the quotes and name. For instance, I would make one saying Smoking is bad. So what?! rather than "Smoking is bad. So what?!" -Asmodean
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.