News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

A cold tin on Heinz baked beans. Yummy!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 10, 2017, 06:28:00 PM
i just had a bowl of green and red grapes along with fresh coconut sprinkled on top, i love grapes and fresh coconut,...it was fucking perfect, like sucking on the toes of Madeleine Stowe.
"...like nibbling on the thighs of Selma Hayek."
"...like gently biting the earlobes of Audrey Hepburn."
"...like sucking on the toes of Madeleine Stowe."

Father Bruno>:(
If you ever eat a Jalapeño, I don't want to hear about it!  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

I made these last night and just finished the leftovers for lunch. Got better sitting, which I thought they might. Super good and not really complicated at all. Halved the mayo sauce because I like to actually taste my food.

joeactor

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 10, 2017, 07:29:36 PM
I made these last night and just finished the leftovers for lunch. Got better sitting, which I thought they might. Super good and not really complicated at all. Halved the mayo sauce because I like to actually taste my food.

Looks yummy. I get the fish tacos at a local restaurant and always have the mayo on the side.

Just finished lunch. PB+J on a tortilla, cauliflower, apple, small bit of chocolate ;-)

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on March 10, 2017, 08:50:19 PM

Looks yummy. I get the fish tacos at a local restaurant and always have the mayo on the side.

Just finished lunch. PB+J on a tortilla, cauliflower, apple, small bit of chocolate ;-)

Cauliflower :query:

Lettuce? Maybe...

Hmm, mint leaves might work!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on March 10, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

Lettuce? Maybe...

Uh, it's on the side! Can't imagine it in the PB+J! (ok, now I can imagine it... eeewwww...)

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on March 10, 2017, 09:05:23 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 10, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

Lettuce? Maybe...

Uh, it's on the side! Can't imagine it in the PB+J! (ok, now I can imagine it... eeewwww...)

Ah, not all mixed and wrapped together then. I know how 'Muricans eat strange things but . . .

Pasta Chick

Cauliflower is pretty bland. You could probably work it in if prepared right. I know a lot of "Paleo diet" people who use it in place of potatoes.

Magdalena

I love, love, love cauliflower! I think I mentioned before that I crave it sometimes.  ~I know, weird. :shifty:

I like it in soup and/or raw, as a dip sorta thing. In my country, we wrap it in eggs and fry it. Instead of it being a Chile Relleno, it's a Cauliflower Relleno. :yum:

Edit: I wrote, "we fly it," I meant to say, "we fry it."
Sorry.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Harmonie

Quote from: Arturo on March 10, 2017, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 10, 2017, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 10, 2017, 05:43:19 AMAs alternative you could buy carbonated water and mix it yourselves with real apple, orange, lime or lemon juice. Most "industrial" flavored water are not so natural, because they contains chemicals. And you save some money.

Shhhh. I got myself off of pop and am now drinking unsweetened drinks as opposed to the massive amount of sugar I was intaking with the unspeakable amount of pop I was drinking. I don't need to complicate things!

Quote from: Arturo on March 10, 2017, 07:16:58 AMYou mean like in cereal? Or are you one of the people who eat cereal from the box? I've known a couple people who have done that.

I eat my cereal dry. What I mean is that every morning for breakfast I eat cereal and drink a can of Dasani Sparkling Lime simultaneously. Like 'normal' people would drink orange juice or something.

I haven't had sugary drinks in so long now, I don't even drink juice. lol

That's good. Too much sugar is bad. Be careful though because too low blood sugar will give you low mood. It's good to have some rice with it to help keep up your glycogen levels. And you can buy rice in bulk at 20 lbs a bag if you like.

Oh well, I've had a bad habit with sweets recently... Cookies, donuts, ice cream. Lol. So it's not like I'm really low on sugar. It's just that I'm not taking it horrible amounts like one would drinking as much Coke as I was. =/

Last semester I ate a lot of rice. I'm kind of tired of it for the time being.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Ecurb Noselrub

Tikka Masala with chicken, lamb samosas, and a 512 Black IPA.

Dave

Cajun chicken wrap in my favourite cafe

(Half way through, yum!)

solidsquid

QuestBar protein bar and coffee...breakfast of champions or the sleep deprived because my dogs don't understand the concept of sleeping in on Saturdays.

joeactor

Quote from: solidsquid on March 11, 2017, 01:50:01 PM
QuestBar protein bar and coffee...breakfast of champions or the sleep deprived because my dogs don't understand the concept of sleeping in on Saturdays.

I'm hooked on NuGo bars. How's the taste and nutrition on a QuestBar?

solidsquid

Quote from: joeactor on March 11, 2017, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: solidsquid on March 11, 2017, 01:50:01 PM

I'm hooked on NuGo bars. How's the taste and nutrition on a QuestBar?

All the different ones of the QuestBar I have tried have been really good.  The only mediocre one so far has been the chocolate peanut butter.  So far my favorite is the apple pie one - very tasty.  As far as protein bars go I've been pleasantly surprised with how good these taste.  I also like them because they have low net carbs which was the original reason I tried one.