News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Free thinking in all aspects of life...

Started by RyB17, January 29, 2011, 05:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I've found this website very helpful:
Debunking 9/11

It exposes a lot of doctored and misrepresented data and images.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Whitney

Quote from: "RyB17"Not at the speed they fell. The building encountered little resistance on its way down.
I was trying to google the speed of the collapse so I could calculate it against free fall (don't have a stop watch to try to c   and found this nice little graph.

http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm

As the link states, the fall time can't be guaranteed accurate because there was a big cloud of dust in the way; it's just meant to show that there is some pretty good reason to not jump on the building fell too quickly band wagon.

RyB17

Quote from: "Davin"I've found this website very helpful:
Debunking 9/11

It exposes a lot of doctored and misrepresented data and images.

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Asmodean

Quote from: "RyB17"Whitney, I assume you have a hard time believing 2 planes dropped 3 buildings too? WTC 1 and 2 fell an 1hr and 1.5hrs after they were hit? WTC7 fell later in the day in the exact same fashion 1 and 2 fell. My opinion, they fell way too fast and way too soon after being hit by a plane for me to buy the official story.
As an engineer, I am more prone to accept the USg version of the events surrounding the collapse from material-technical viewpoint alone than any theory stating that the buildings were demolished by strategically placed explosives.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

RyB17

Wow...

I must say, I have been humbled. I'm actually ashamed of myself. I am proud to call myself a free thinker but in this instance, I became obsessed with conspiracy theories. That blinded me to realizing the real truth. I have learned a valuable lesson. Thanks to you all. Its amazing what a few hours of reading can do to your perception.

Thank you, I stand corrected.

Tank

Quote from: "RyB17"Wow...

I must say, I have been humbled. I'm actually ashamed of myself. I am proud to call myself a free thinker but in this instance, I became obsessed with conspiracy theories. That blinded me to realizing the real truth. I have learned a valuable lesson. Thanks to you all. Its amazing what a few hours of reading can do to your perception.

Thank you, I stand corrected.
Well not so much corrected as much as better informed, you found the correction yourself, which is I suppose a very good thing for a free thinking individual to do.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Thanks for the link Davin, I have better ammo now for the crazies out here and my mom..... :shake:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

RyB17

Quote from: "KDbeads"Thanks for the link Davin, I have better ammo now for the crazies out here and my mom..... :shake:

KD, could you show your mom the site and talk through it with her? Or is she unwilling to open her mind? That site is full of great evidence!

Whitney

It makes me very happy when I see someone who was fairly certain of a view change their mind because they were exposed to new evidence; wish everyone could do that.   :D

Asmodean

Quote from: "Whitney"It makes me very happy when I see someone who was fairly certain of a view change their mind because they were exposed to new evidence; wish everyone could do that.   :D
Some free-thinkers do not put free thinking ahead of standing evidence. That is, indeed, comforting. Free thought is, after all, not the same as holding every possible view as equal standing possibility.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

KDbeads

Quote from: "RyB17"
Quote from: "KDbeads"Thanks for the link Davin, I have better ammo now for the crazies out here and my mom..... :shake:

KD, could you show your mom the site and talk through it with her? Or is she unwilling to open her mind? That site is full of great evidence!

No, she refuses to read anything or look at a computer screen outside of work.  Right now her favorite CT is the pentagon was blown up with a missile to hide misappropriation of funds.  Her 'proof' is the lack of whole dead bodies laying around in the photos.
Plus, even with her affinity for numbers I don't think she'd understand much of the material mechanics calculations on the site.  But that's her problem, not mine.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams