News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Challenge for Atheists

Started by FaithInGod, November 05, 2010, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Achronos"It is more than well established that it is likely that we live in a "Multi-Verse" where there are many if not infinite Universes. Here is a simple explanation from the History Channel's show "Universe". There are many more clips on you tube like this one if you want to see more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmyrE9I8 ... re=related

Hey, the very first sentence of your link said "There may be other Universes."  Anyone who tells you they know what exists outside of our Universe is pissing on your leg and sayin' it's raining.  

So, how about a scientifically- and not an entertainment-based source or two?  I'm familiar with the concept, and actually I think it's entirely possible, but there is to my knowledge no evidence for it one way or the other right now.

QuoteSo here we have the valid scientific framework you have asked for. It is plausible that existence is far more complicated than the mechanical model you seem to like so much.

Not necessarily.  I don't think The History Channel, an entertainment enterprise, is a valid scientific resource.  Also, even if there is a multi-verse, you'll need to explain how that would militate against a mechanistic explanation.  After all, those universes may well be exactly as mechanistic as ours is.

QuoteTherefore, all that we propose is plausable. No longer can you rely on 19th century Science to say if something is "invisible", it cant be real.

Please quote and link where I said this, or retract this statement.  I've said no such thing, and for you to imply otherwise is dishonest.

QuoteWhy did Science delve into metaphyics? Starting with Einstein, scientists have desired to formulate a theory that would explain everything, the so called Unified Theory. This has led to the discovery that existence is not what we thought it was. The possibility of things like Multiple Universes and Super Strings were discovered.

Yes, I'm well aware of this, thx.

QuoteThese things impact Religion which describes existence based on Revealed Truth. Things that were thought of as nonsense previously, like being two places at the same time, or life in another dimension of time and space, are now plausible...Go figure.

So I guess the truth is not an idea but a person.

I dismiss your claim that religion is "revealed truth" because I don't believe in your revealer.  To base an attempt to change my mind on an assertion of "revealed truth" is merely a poorly-disguised circular argument, and shall therefore be disregarded.
Illegitimi non carborundum.