News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Aaaargh! So much crazy! My eyes are bleeeeding!

Started by karadan, August 03, 2010, 10:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Indeed. the notion of reptilian overlords wasn't hugely popular before David Eick made a fool out of himself on Wogan in 1991 (i might be wrong though). V the original series was aired in the Early 80's. This is what Wikipedia has to say:

Skeptics who adhere to the psychosocial hypothesis for unidentified flying objects argue the popularity of V, a science fiction television show, which debuted in 1983 and restarted again in 2009, about an invading alien race of reptilian humanoids disguised as human beings trying to take over Earth, may have significantly contributed to ufologists and conspiracy theorists adopting beliefs in the existence of reptilians, as well as making the wider public more receptive to embracing them. Brian Dunning suggests that a 1934 Los Angeles Times article may have been the origin of such beliefs: it reported that a geophysical mining engineer claimed to have discovered subterranean labyrinths beneath Los Angeles to an underground city built by an advanced race of “Lizard People” to escape surface catastrophes some 5000 years ago.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

pinkocommie

Haha, ufologists.  I don't know why that amuses me, but it does.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Asmodean

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Haha, ufologists.  I don't know why that amuses me, but it does.
Sounds like some medical sub-specialty...  :/
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Byronazriel

That's rediculous, if the Reptoidians were to infiltrate our society they'd be the janitors, the burger flippers, and whatnot. Those are the people who get things done, and shape the world. Politicians, newscasters, and other "leaders" don't do much really...
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Byronazriel"That's rediculous, if the Reptoidians were to infiltrate our society they'd be the janitors, the burger flippers, and whatnot. Those are the people who get things done, and shape the world. Politicians, newscasters, and other "leaders" don't do much really...

Really?  While I certainly believe that the burger flippers and the janitors have far more societal value than the newscasters and politicians might have you believe, those other 'traditional' positions of influence and power certainly do still have a good measure of influence and power.

Byronazriel

Yes, but no one suspects the Janitors... And they have a key to EVERYWHERE!

The burger flippers, sodajerks, waitstaff, farmers, distributers, and cooks have complete control over most of our food!

Societies are built from the bottom up, and those are the folk who have the real potential to rule the world. The best part is we wont even notice!  :crazy:
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Byronazriel"Yes, but no one suspects the Janitors... And they have a key to EVERYWHERE!

The burger flippers, sodajerks, waitstaff, farmers, distributers, and cooks have complete control over most of our food!

Societies are built from the bottom up, and those are the folk who have the real potential to rule the world. The best part is we wont even notice!  :eek2:

Thumpalumpacus

Yeah, but Gillian Barberie has a better rack than any janitor I've ever met.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Byronazriel