News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Morgan Freeman: 'I Think We Invented God'

Started by joeactor, June 10, 2012, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 12, 2012, 12:31:02 AM
I've waiting just enough time to sneak in for a response. I am obviously God; lurking in the shadows.

But you can't be god. You exist.
Retired member.

fester30

Quote from: Crow on June 12, 2012, 11:12:02 AM
I've waiting just enough time to sneak in for a response. I am obviously God; lurking in the shadows.

So because of an avatar and words on this website, you think she exists?  She exists because the website says so, and on the website she says she's god, and since she frequents this website it contains god's word, and god's word seems to imply that she exists.  Nice.

OldGit

Seems to me the oldest one must be god.  ;D

Ali

^^It would seem that way, but only because you don't realize that I just created you to be older than me.  I work in mysterious ways.

cgmccall

People please, please! We're straying from the original truth.
Anyone who's seen Bruce Almighty has seen clearly that even if Morgan Freeman isn't god, he should be.

markmcdaniel

I am not God. I am not all seeing, knowing, or powerful. I am also way to lazy to be God. You are fortunate as I am also not totally benevelant and thus can't punish all of youse little people in the manner that you deserve. Did I really write all this down. Does this button erase this
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on June 12, 2012, 11:12:02 AM

I like this response a lot XD LOL
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Quote from: markmcdaniel on June 12, 2012, 07:06:56 PM
I am not God. I am not all seeing, knowing, or powerful. I am also way to lazy to be God. You are fortunate as I am also not totally benevelant and thus can't punish all of youse little people in the manner that you deserve. Did I really write all this down. Does this button erase this

But how do you know you're not god, maybe you farted as a baby and was so powerful that all being materialised into existence but were too long to remember it. So you go around thinking your not god but perhaps you really are.
Retired member.

OldGit

Hey! The Big Bang was a divine fart - there's a good line for the creationists.  :D

Recusant

Quote from: OldGit on June 15, 2012, 09:31:50 AM
Hey! The Big Bang was a divine fart - there's a good line for the creationists.  :D

As you might imagine, there's a GIF for that (actually several of the same scene).

While searching for the above I discovered something that I hadn't encountered before: Crepitus, the alleged Roman god of flatulence
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.