News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Ideas that inspire or excite

Started by Inevitable Droid, December 09, 2010, 03:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inevitable Droid

What ideas inspire or excite you?  These can be philosophical, scientific, technological, political, literary, or some other category I haven't thought of.  These can be real right now, or not yet real but under development, or dreamed about but not yet feasible.

Here's one that's real right now: the Amazon Kindle.  My daughter bought me one recently.  Think of how cool this thing is.  I can buy hundreds of books without cluttering my condo.  Not only that, but I can carry my hundreds of books wherever I go.  Plus it's all paperless so our forests can breathe a sigh of relief.  And I receive my books within seconds of ordering them.  All that, and the screen really looks like paper and the whole experience is as user-friendly as the old fashioned way.  What a great idea!
Oppose Abraham.

[Missing image]

In the face of mystery, do science, not theology.

Meghatron

I was excited that NASA finally spoke about the bacterium that thrives on arsenic by exchanging it for phosphorus in its bimolecules including DNA. I did think it was weird that it shocked them so much. I believe they mentioned how it changes everything in terms of the possibilities of what they could find in the universe or here on earth. Well I thought “duh obviously”!  It took them finding that to figure out other life forms, that aren’t on earth, may sustain life in a different manner. It seemed a little weird. I did read that the study at Lake Mono on the bacteria was done poorly and  doesn’t have enough evidence. I hope they find silicon based life in my lifetime.  :headbang:
what a coincidence I was just thinking how stupid you are!!

"Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves
Let's stop this and start over
Let's go out - let's keep going
This is your life - this is your ******* life"
KMFDM

Inevitable Droid

Quote from: "Meghatron"I hope they find silicon based life in my lifetime.  :hail:

Here's an idea that excites me: inspired communities grounded in hope instead of faith.  It could be hope for the future of science, or of technology, or of politics, or of philosophy, or of literature, or of ideas in general, or of something else I haven't thought of.

Ideas in general excite me, the sheer fact of their existence, and their diversity, longevity, impact, and rampancy.  Hope for the future of ideas in general could ground an inspired community, and there amongst the singers of hymns to ideation would be me, happily adding my voice to the chorus.
Oppose Abraham.

[Missing image]

In the face of mystery, do science, not theology.