News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I ripped the Obama sticker off my car today

Started by Whitney, July 17, 2010, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

I have never heard that expression. I'm so using that as a sig.
I made it up.  

Enjoy.  (the sig, not the candy...)

The visual of that and your avatar is just....wow. I'll always associate that shit with you.

I have a little Obama story to tell. It doesn't directly involve Barry but a close friend of his who handled the Austin area campaigning.

So the building I work at had the Obama people two different times. During the primaries when he was trying to wipe Hilary the dingleberry from his ass, they rented a huge suite that housed a small army of people to fight her. I wasn't working then but when I saw where they had set up cots to keep people rested while they worked day and night to fight her, I just laughed.

(Incidentally I go there to piss where they used to be to make myself feel better about the current administration. Petty, childish, and such but oh so satisfying.)

They then occupied a smaller suite when the primaries were won. These weren't volunteers, they were paid campaigners who were total assholes. They tried to get special treatment because they were working for Obama. I remember I told them they couldn't bring dogs into the building unless they were ADA, they claimed they were and when I called bullshit they removed them and had the nerve to complain to building management on me because I did so. Building management backed me up and threatened to fine them for violating rules blatantly.

They then acted like cold little dickwads to us because we didn't get a chubby over their little hero.

They were some of the worst people I've ever dealt with and when Obama won they were gloating like morons about how they helped. Texas still voted for McCain by a landslide. They didn't do shit.

i_am_i

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "Asmodean"
QuoteBuilding a mosque is within their rights as long as their permits are in order
The funny thing is, it's not a mosque, it's a culture center. Funnier still, it was previously a mosque with no complaints.

What? That's not true at all. The building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Big Mac"You know he also is very good at speaking into a camera and appealing to your knuckle dragger crowd. I don't agree with every I see but a imagine a Huckabee/Paul ticket. You'd have a huge following going especially if Obama fails even further at living up to his promises.

Maybe so.  He certainly talks a good game, maybe good enough to pry centrist Dems out of Obama's coalition.

QuoteGranted I think that ticket is pretty much wishful thinking but a guy can dream.

Even when you wake up in a cold sweat with an empty bank account?  The policies they're advocating would remove all protection from Big Finance.

QuoteConservatives need to ditch these crazy assholes. They aren't real conservatives, they are just autocrat nutjobs who use God and Gays and (sadly) Guns as a way to leverage other people to wallow in machismo ignorance. The first two is a person's preference, the second to me is important to maintain a truly free state.

This assumes that people would have the guts to actually use the guns, which we both know they don't.  

QuoteSo far it seems like we are creating a dumber society full of sound-bytes and tabloid style nonsense about politicians. If the Founding Fathers could see us now they'd be shamed at what this nation has become.

Shit wasn't that much better then, you still had farmers asking for tax breaks and politicians screwing their slaves.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Big Mac"You know he also is very good at speaking into a camera and appealing to your knuckle dragger crowd. I don't agree with every I see but a imagine a Huckabee/Paul ticket. You'd have a huge following going especially if Obama fails even further at living up to his promises.

Maybe so.  He certainly talks a good game, maybe good enough to pry centrist Dems out of Obama's coalition.

QuoteGranted I think that ticket is pretty much wishful thinking but a guy can dream.

Even when you wake up in a cold sweat with an empty bank account?  The policies they're advocating would remove all protection from Big Finance.

QuoteConservatives need to ditch these crazy assholes. They aren't real conservatives, they are just autocrat nutjobs who use God and Gays and (sadly) Guns as a way to leverage other people to wallow in machismo ignorance. The first two is a person's preference, the second to me is important to maintain a truly free state.

This assumes that people would have the guts to actually use the guns, which we both know they don't.  

QuoteSo far it seems like we are creating a dumber society full of sound-bytes and tabloid style nonsense about politicians. If the Founding Fathers could see us now they'd be shamed at what this nation has become.

Shit wasn't that much better then, you still had farmers asking for tax breaks and politicians screwing their slaves.

Now you're trolling me. We both know only democrats do those things. Tax and spend.

Big Mac

Now you're trolling me. We both know only democrats do those things. Tax and spend.

Thumpalumpacus

That's repetitive, not to mention redundant.

eta:  Which is better than only spending.

darkcyd

I have thought long and hard about abortion and on whether I am for or against it and I have come to the following conclusion.

It is a moot point.

By that, I mean, we waist so much time and resources bothering with what a woman can and can't do. Nobody likes abortion. No woman wants one.

Looking into my crystal ball I foresee  2 much larger issues on the same front which is the advent of long term male contraceptives and the immediate population crash that will ensue.

I find the likely hood that sexually active men will take birth control to be much higher given the women typically maintain custody, child support is extremely expensive, and a child forces huge logistical issues as well as emotional issues of dealing with said women for the rest of your life. 40% of children are born out of wedlock and rising. Add to that the number of unwelcome children born in marriages and you end up with at least 50% if not near 60% of all US children.

Once men have an effective drug, that 50% will disappear. I say this because of the above mentioned reasons along with the generalization that men simply don't want babies as frequently as women, ie no maternal clocks in us.  Along with the 50%, nearly every abortion will hopefully go away. I am not saying abortion won't still be an issue, but the number of abortions would drop a few orders of magnitude.

I do not believe I am wrong and really the only research you need to do is how long? 5 years at most, maybe sooner depending on trials.

Social Security in a population crash with baby boomers living forever? A tough few years I see in our future.

Male contraceptives
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

Wedlock birth statistics
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-08/livi ... =PM:LIVING

PoopShoot

Quote from: "i_am_i"The building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.
Since the day it was built, right?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Sophus

QuoteWe both know only democrats do those things. Tax and spend.
lol
Yeah right. Even Reagan raised taxes six times during his presidency. Bush spent trillions in a meaningless war.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Asmodean

Quote from: "Sophus"Yeah right. Even Reagan raised taxes six times during his presidency. Bush spent trillions in a meaningless war.
Asmodean reads: "...during his pregnancy"

Asmodean goes: " :hmm: " and then like "... ...  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Sophus"
QuoteWe both know only democrats do those things. Tax and spend.
lol
Yeah right. Even Reagan raised taxes six times during his presidency. Bush spent trillions in a meaningless war.

It helped kill a lot of potential terrorists and Iraq will be pretty much weakened for a long time. So I guess Israel is safer from one of the bigger threats in the region. I don't particularly like Israel but I guess something came out of it.

Reagan was ballsy enough to stand up to the communists. And he got shot and kept going, Obama would cry like a bitch if he got shot instead of taking it like a man.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Big Mac"It helped kill make a lot of potential terrorists and Iraq will be pretty much weakened for a long time.

Hey, Einstein, Reagan supported Iraq.  Bush (take your pick) slapped them round.

QuoteSo I guess Israel is safer from one of the bigger threats in the region. I don't particularly like Israel but I guess something came out of it.

I fail to see how defend what is in essence an apartheid state does to further our national security.  Care to elaborate on this?

QuoteReagan was ballsy enough to stand up to the communists. And he got shot and kept going, Obama would cry like a bitch if he got shot instead of taking it like a man.

Chalk and cheese.  Obama's president, and Ronnie's dead.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Big Mac"It helped kill make a lot of potential terrorists and Iraq will be pretty much weakened for a long time.

Hey, Einstein, Reagan supported Iraq.  Bush (take your pick) slapped them round.

Yeah, so? I don't worship Reagan, I'm just a big fan of his work when it comes to war-mongering and saber-rattling.

QuoteSo I guess Israel is safer from one of the bigger threats in the region. I don't particularly like Israel but I guess something came out of it.

I fail to see how defend what is in essence an apartheid state does to further our national security.  Care to elaborate on this?

Never said it further our national security but it does take one of Israel's largest threats down a few pegs in the region. I don't like Israel and I think they need to deport all Israelis back to Europe and give the land to the Palestinians. I think Israel is a troublesome state that causes nothing but problems for us.

QuoteReagan was ballsy enough to stand up to the communists. And he got shot and kept going, Obama would cry like a bitch if he got shot instead of taking it like a man.

Chalk and cheese.  Obama's president, and Ronnie's dead.

Reagan was also pushing 100 when he died. Obama aged like 10 years since he got into office. Can't hack the man work I guess. Hopefully he'll go organize some community and be another loser Jimmy Carter.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Big Mac"Yeah, so? I don't worship Reagan, I'm just a big fan of his work when it comes to war-mongering and saber-rattling.

Because that's what makes a good President, sure.

QuoteNever said it further our national security but it does take one of Israel's largest threats down a few pegs in the region. I don't like Israel and I think they need to deport all Israelis back to Europe and give the land to the Palestinians. I think Israel is a troublesome state that causes nothing but problems for us.

... and yet easing its ability to raise trouble is a good point in a President's favor, to you?  Sorry -- lame troll is lame, and obvious.

QuoteReagan was also pushing 100 when he died. Obama aged like 10 years since he got into office. Can't hack the man work I guess. Hopefully he'll go organize some community and be another loser Jimmy Carter.

Reagan was brain-dead long before he died.  In fact, he was brain-dead before he left office.  I'm sure you'll try to spin that into a positive, only then you won't be trolling.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Big Mac"Yeah, so? I don't worship Reagan, I'm just a big fan of his work when it comes to war-mongering and saber-rattling.

Because that's what makes a good President, sure.

Better than half the crap the recent ones do.

QuoteNever said it further our national security but it does take one of Israel's largest threats down a few pegs in the region. I don't like Israel and I think they need to deport all Israelis back to Europe and give the land to the Palestinians. I think Israel is a troublesome state that causes nothing but problems for us.

... and yet easing its ability to raise trouble is a good point in a President's favor, to you?  Sorry -- lame troll is lame, and obvious.

Not trolling there, I really think we need to get rid of the state of Israel and put the Jews somewhere else. Screw their little view that they are the Chosen people, they are one of the biggest reasons we've had terrorism like we have. Remember when the terrorists were jacking planes in the last century? Look at their demands. Almost all of them involved Israel in some way.

QuoteReagan was also pushing 100 when he died. Obama aged like 10 years since he got into office. Can't hack the man work I guess. Hopefully he'll go organize some community and be another loser Jimmy Carter.

Reagan was brain-dead long before he died.  In fact, he was brain-dead before he left office.  I'm sure you'll try to spin that into a positive, only then you won't be trolling.

Meh, I don't see an issue with Reagan's work. You think I'm trolling but honestly I view Obama as a weak president who embarrasses us in front of the world. He frickin' bowed to a Saudi man. It should be the other way around. We run the show, it's time we remind people of that fact.