News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hello HAF from British_Atheist.

Started by British_Atheist, June 30, 2010, 12:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

British_Atheist

Hi I'm 22 and have been an atheist for 5 years. My religion was the CoE before i turned to a Atheist then i was 17. I think their is no god, but i believe in aliens in that I think that its very unlikely indeed that we're the only intelligent life in the universe. (This assumes, of course, that we count as intelligent), and really into Sci-Fi. :D
"I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. There must be some human truth that is beyond religion".
Oriana Fallaci

Tank

Hi from another British atheist.

Welcome aboard!

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

karadan

Welcome to the board!

I'm British, a sci-fi enthusiast and am atheist. We already have much in common!

:headbang:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

The Black Jester

Quote from: "British_Atheist"and really into Sci-Fi.

Looove Sci-Fi.  Welcome!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

pinkocommie

Hello!  Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you here.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Caecilian

Hello again

I assume that you're the same British Atheist that I know from the other forum. Nice to see a familiar face (or perhaps familiar avatar).

zookie

Greetings from another Brit... there are lots of new introductions today!

:sun:
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. Bertrand Russell

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. (I am not interested in your dopey superstitions)

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! (May faulty logic

British_Atheist

Quote from: "Caecilian"Hello again

I assume that you're the same British Atheist that I know from the other forum. Nice to see a familiar face (or perhaps familiar avatar).

I am from atheistforums.Org Caecilian
"I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. There must be some human truth that is beyond religion".
Oriana Fallaci

The Magic Pudding

I accept the likelihood of aliens.
I don't expect I'll ever meet one.
The universe is big.