News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

No guarantees that it is a permanent fix but at least I know that I do not need a new compressor.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 09:39:32 PM
I ended up fixing my AC for 20 dollars by myself. Take that douchey garage guy.
Very cool! (See what I did there?)  8)

I've started the process of repainting my van this weekend. Been attacking points of surface rust with a sanding machine and applying base paint on those spots. Small steps, but it's a start.
Had one point on the body ( approximately 3 square centimeters)where it turns out the rust was the only thing there. Hit it with the sander and it disintegrated. Luckily i have a brother who is a licenced welder. He claims he can fix it up real nice.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Can't wait to see it when it's done. I got all the supplies to paint my wheels white yesterday. Can't wait to do that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 09:45:16 PM
No guarantees that it is a permanent fix but at least I know that I do not need a new compressor.
Figuring it out for yourself is always a good feeling. It is amazing how many such tasks you can do for yourself with a bit of determination, hard work, and research.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

jumbojak

What did you wind up doing Buddy?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 10:09:51 PM
Can't wait to see it when it's done. I got all the supplies to paint my wheels white yesterday. Can't wait to do that.

So I guess when we're both done, we'll have to post pictures and have the HAFfers vote on coolest car.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on May 30, 2016, 12:45:04 AM
What did you wind up doing Buddy?

I ended up buying a can of freon from the auto parts store to see if it would even work. No telling if there are any leaks yet but so far so good.

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 30, 2016, 01:59:32 AM

So I guess when we're both done, we'll have to post pictures and have the HAFfers vote on coolest car.  8)

I don't think we've seen your van. Got any before pics?

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 30, 2016, 12:52:59 PM
I don't think we've seen your van. Got any before pics?
I posted it in Haf on Fb when I bought it (back in October). But here it is again.

Bit hard to spot the rusty bits in this picture, but it's basically the wheel arches and a few places where the paint has been chipped. The place with the hole is low on the body just behind the drivers door.
Plus the whole car at one point was decked out in vinyl livery of the company that owned it after it had been decommissioned as an ambulance and if you look close you can still see the outline of the vinyl decals. All in all, the car could really do with a paint job and I need a project. Win-win.

-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

Just found my keys using the key ring 'Tile' my son gave me for Xmas, (it does have its uses, Xmas I mean). They were in a wall cupboard where I must have put them down while struggling to get something else out. It could have been months before I found them there. 😀😀😀
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

Glad you found your keys, Essie Mae. Losing them is one of the more frustrating of life's little annoyances.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

I get to go home Friday morning.   :party:

Depending on how I feel, we may stop for a celebratory lunch on the way home.

Magdalena

^^^
:cheerful dance 2:

Also...

Bruno de la Pole sends his love. I'm sure some of you have noticed that he hasn't been here that much.  :sadcheer:

QuoteI have been really busy, what with the office move and everything else going on right now. It was nice to hear from you, hope you are doing well.

Say hello to the gang for me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 30, 2016, 01:59:32 AM
Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 10:09:51 PM

I might throw in some pics of my garage for that. Little chance of winning, true, but still...

In any case, a Transporter is a step in the right direction. At the very least, it's a Volkswagen. But a question needs to be asked: why a van?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.