News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

It is amazing what a difference 24 or so hours can make. My knee still hurts and I have quite a way to go recoverywise, but I feel really good today. I am moving around a lot better. I am certain that I will not have too many problems getting around at home once I get back there.

Plus, I miss my cats.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 25, 2016, 11:44:22 AM
It is amazing what a difference 24 or so hours can make. My knee still hurts and I have quite a way to go recoverywise, but I feel really good today. I am moving around a lot better. I am certain that I will not have too many problems getting around at home once I get back there.

Plus, I miss my cats.
I've seen people who have joint replacements really really happy with the results.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

I am not going home today. Due to my extended disability prior to surgery, the doctor feels I would benefit from in-house rehab.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on May 25, 2016, 05:11:05 PM
I am not going home today. Due to my extended disability prior to surgery, the doctor feels I would benefit from in-house rehab.

Um, Yay?  Yayish?  Getting more hands-on professional treatment is great, but staying in a hospital is not.  So torn.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

That's how I felt, and bit torn. I am glad the option was there, but I hope I do not have to avail myself of their services long.

Velma

My roommate has gone home. While I am happy for her, I am even happier that her television will not be on 24 hours a day. It appears that I will not be getting a new roommate today. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

Buddy

That's great news Velma.

I'm cheerful because the people in the MINI club I am in are awesome. They helped me find a part for half the price that the shop was going to charge me. That means I can get it when I get paid next week instead of saving up $1200. Just in time too because it's been hot as balls in Indiana.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

That is wonderful news, Buddy. Who is going to put the part in?

My roommate was a nice enough woman. But I have to admit that television was getting on my nerves. She also snored, but that's not as controllable as the sound level of a television.

Buddy

Quote from: Velma on May 27, 2016, 10:31:08 PM
That is wonderful news, Buddy. Who is going to put the part in?

My roommate was a nice enough woman. But I have to admit that television was getting on my nerves. She also snored, but that's not as controllable as the sound level of a television.

A friend of my brother works on Volkswagens, BMWs, and Audis and he offered to put it in at a discount. I got lucky because finding a decent shop that will even touch a foreign car around here is difficult let alone for a decent price.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

I really should give this place credit. The food here is not that bad. A bit bland at times, but that is to be expected of a medical facility  where you are bound to have folks on salt restricted diets. They do give me small packets of salt to give it a bit more flavor.

Buddy

GUESS WHI HAS WORKING AIR CONDITIONING? (For now)

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 09:26:24 PM
*scratches head* no idea.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 09:26:24 PM

Neigh-bour? :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I ended up fixing my AC for 20 dollars by myself. Take that douchey garage guy.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 29, 2016, 09:39:32 PM
I ended up fixing my AC for 20 dollars by myself. Take that douchey garage guy.
Very, very well done!