News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: RenegeReversi on April 29, 2012, 08:09:06 PM
Really? Oh Wow! Can I have it changed to RenegeReversi?

Cool. What does your new name mean?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Hector Valdez

It's a play on words. :D See, renege is a french word that means "Take Back", while Reversi is latin that means something like, "go to the opposite/reverse in direction". Thus, RenegeReversi[/b] is a roundabout way of saying, ''To come to a certainty. I like it very much. :D

rainbowcat212

Well... the cat part came from an old username that I used to use. I like rainbows, so I put that in front of cat. 212 is my room number in my college dorm.
So many years have passed, since I proclaimed my independence, my mission, my aim, and my vision, so secure, content to live each day like it's my last, it's wonderful to know, that I could be, something more than what I dreamed, far beyond what I could see -Dream Theater

Space Pope Approved

A character from a cartoon (Futurama).  Nobody can prove he doesn't approve of me.  ;D

kraftycheese

My username is a song from one of my favorite avant garde bands, The Residents off of their album Duck Stab. If youre into mystifying tunes, you should look them up!

Amicale

Quote from: kraftycheese on May 11, 2012, 04:16:54 PM
My username is a song from one of my favorite avant garde bands, The Residents off of their album Duck Stab. If youre into mystifying tunes, you should look them up!

Heya, KraftyCheese! Interesting name, never heard of the band. If you'd like to start a thread in the Introductions forum, it would give us all a chance to officially welcome you. Welcome, in advance! :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

corgilover

Quote from: kraftycheese on May 11, 2012, 04:16:54 PM

Your name makes me think of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Now I'm craving it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

markmcdaniel

Not being an imaginative person and not wanting to be embarrassed by my cuteness later I just used my own name. Of course this my come back to haunt me when Big Brother sees what I have been up to.   
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Amicale

Quote from: markmcdaniel on May 17, 2012, 02:45:03 PM
Not being an imaginative person and not wanting to be embarrassed by my cuteness later I just used my own name. Of course this my come back to haunt me when Big Brother sees what I have been up to.   

If for professional or personal reasons you realize you'd rather not use your full last name, I'm sure the mods could help you change it. Maybe McD or Mcdee or something similar. If you think Big Brother will find you anyway, well..... there are worse places one could be found.  ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.