Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 13, 2012, 06:41:36 PM
Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 05:53:52 PM
Technology + Luddite = Technolud

I'm a mechanical engineer, sometimes wonder if we'd all be better off living in the forest.

Sometimes I wish for a simpler life, but not that simple! :P

Seriously. I like my electricity and plumming system, thanks.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Unlinked

Quote from: Tank on April 13, 2012, 06:03:37 PM

I'm a mechanical engineer, sometimes wonder if we'd all be better off living in the forest.
Unfortunately our ancestors left the forests a million or so years ago  :(

To Pandora! I'll bring the blue face paint~

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 13, 2012, 07:29:54 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 13, 2012, 06:41:36 PM

Sometimes I wish for a simpler life, but not that simple! :P

Seriously. I like my electricity and plumming system, thanks.

Yeah. If there was no electricity, I wouldn't know any of you wonderful, crazy people.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

technolud

musicality

I'm a classical musician. So the term "musicality" comes up a lot.

Merriam-Webster Definition of MUSICALITY
1: sensitivity to, knowledge of, or talent for music
2: the quality or state of being musical : melodiousness

But musicality is more than just being sensitive to the sounds of music itself. It is becoming vulnerable to the music...to yourself. It is letting everyone else see and hear you and how you interpret the music. Every time I played the chopin nocturne Op. 9 No 1, it would never be the same performance every time. I would be feeling something different every day. I let myself become engulfed into the different dynamics and tones and colors. And I didn't care what anyone else thought about what I did or how I looked. I wanted everyone to feel what I felt. Some say, technique is important to getting the perfect sound and musical talent. Yes. But Technique will always be the slave to the music.

To me, Musicality is more than just a way to perform, it is a musical lifestyle.
"Music is prophecy. Its styles are ahead of the rest of society because
it explores, much faster than material reality can, the entire range of
possibilities."

texasatheist

I came up with it on Twitter, I wanted to have an anonymous account so that people didn't associate TexasAtheist with my real identity.  And no, not even the picture is me but I felt it fit with the superhero feeling I get from being atheist (it is a friend of mine).  LOL. 

Strangely enough texasatheist has been available on every forum or social site I've signed up for.  Go figure.

Janette

I use Janette because that is my name. I'm proud of my beliefs and my life values. In joining Happy Atheists I'm hoping to dialog with others and broaden my world view.
Janette.

Amicale

Quote from: Janette on April 28, 2012, 03:41:35 PM
I use Janette because that is my name. I'm proud of my beliefs and my life values. In joining Happy Atheists I'm hoping to dialog with others and broaden my world view.
Janette.

Hi, Janette! Very pretty name. Glad you've joined us!

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?board=10.0 is our Introductions forum, we'd love to welcome you and get to know you. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Janette on April 28, 2012, 03:41:35 PM
Janette.

Hello Janette.

QuoteThe river was deep but
I swam it. (Janet)
The future is ours so
let's plan it. (Janet)
So please, don't tell
me to can it. (Janet)

Asmodean

Quote from: technolud on April 15, 2012, 08:33:49 AM
All things in moderation?
I am a firm supporter for technology for the sake of technology, so when it comes to that, I disagree with the moderation part.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Hector Valdez

Egads. So many new people, with so many wonderful names. I wish I could change my name to something more to my liking, as I don't feel "The Semaestro" falls very much in line with my current beliefs. I used to be a roman catholic, just recently became atheist. :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 29, 2012, 07:11:07 PM
Egads. So many new people, with so many wonderful names. I wish I could change my name to something more to my liking, as I don't feel "The Semaestro" falls very much in line with my current beliefs. I used to be a roman catholic, just recently became atheist. :(

Which name are you thinking of?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 29, 2012, 07:11:07 PM
I can change your display name. You continue to sign in as The Semaestro but while on the forum your new user name gets used for everything. What would you like me to change it to? The new name can't exist already.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Hector Valdez

Really? Oh Wow! Can I have it changed to RenegeReversi?

Tank

Quote from: RenegeReversi on April 29, 2012, 08:09:06 PM
Really? Oh Wow! Can I have it changed to RenegeReversi?
Done. But you still log in as before.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.