Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on January 05, 2012, 04:57:21 PM
Quote from: Firebird on January 05, 2012, 04:45:39 PM
Mine's from the "Firebird Suite" by Igor Stravinsky. I used to play a lot of classical music, and it was a cool handle for online gaming too
When I first saw Firebird I thought somebody was refering to xSilverPhonix  ;D

I think it's an excellent user name.

Thanks Tank!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

Quote from: lomfs24 on December 26, 2011, 06:18:11 PM
I again, mentioned this in my original thread about how I got to have my user name. My name comes from my all time favorite movie, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". It means "little old man from scene 24". However, when I first came up with this user name many moons ago, I misquoted the movie. The quote really is "it's the old man from scene 24". But by the time I had realized that I had already used the user name and had a muscle memory of typing lomfs24. No going back now.

That's awesome. We just watched that again, along with Life of Brian. I'd be surprised if anyone this forum has not see Brian
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

znk666

And old Czech adventure game i played at the age of 8
It was filled with over-excessive violence,swearing,''Gore''Sex(Post-Morten sex,killing people while having sex with them),also allowed you to kill a kid.
And it isn't a surprise that it was created by a neo-nazi and also had a forum filled with neo-nazis
Classy childhood,eh folks?
This shit was actually sequential,it had 7 games altogether.
I don't know why i am still using this username.
I also feel very uneasy after writing this.
There are people who want to make men's lives more difficult for no other reason than the chance it provides them afterwards to offer their prescription for alleviating life; their Christianity, for instance.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Tank

Quote from: znk666 on January 07, 2012, 08:15:52 PM
And old Czech adventure game i played at the age of 8
It was filled with over-excessive violence,swearing,''Gore''Sex(Post-Morten sex,killing people while having sex with them),also allowed you to kill a kid.
And it isn't a surprise that it was created by a neo-nazi and also had a forum filled with neo-nazis
Classy childhood,eh folks?
This shit was actually sequential,it had 7 games altogether.
I don't know why i am still using this username.
I also feel very uneasy after writing this.
Then don't  ;D

There is no obligation to answer anything you feel uncomfortable about.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

corgilover

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ateo

I live in Central America, soooo I picked a Spanish word, ateo which mean unbeliever. Short and fits like socks on a rooster.
"Faith is to the human what sand is to the ostrich"

"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt."

Tank

Quote from: Ateo on January 10, 2012, 02:47:26 PM
I live in Central America, soooo I picked a Spanish word, ateo which mean unbeliever. Short and fits like socks on a rooster.
Very good user name. I was however unaware that roosters ever wore socks!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ateo on January 10, 2012, 02:47:26 PM

That's cool. in Portuguese it's ateu/atéia, so it's not far off. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Drake23

I was a Drake Women's Basketball player from 2007-2011. I have a ton of pride in my school and my team and what they have done for me in my lifetime, so I try to represent as much as possible! :)
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
-John Wooden

Amicale

In French, 'amical' means 'friendly'. I'm a woman, so... 'amicale'. :)

It's just how I try my best to be, every day of my life, to those around me. Of course I occasionally flub it up, as we all do, but for the most part I just try to be as even-tempered and easy to get along with as possible.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

pytheas

charting the inner sea from the hot tropical mists to the crispy frozen north

wiki the name if you are not aware about who invented geographic lattitute, discovered iceland in a sea with floating ice and consciously reported admiring stonehenge (as a protoceltic-druid?) relic 400 years before the romans. His geography book lost, as are the more interesting and poignant even by modern standards ancient greek discourses.

But depress not, for the homo sapiens model is identical in this brief span of age, and reproduce it can and will, all facets of intellectual exploration.

that is why although suppressed and disfamed to the hope of oblivion, we live as epicurus described. As far as behaviour and motives go he was as accurate as a field biologist describing the species.  
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Thunder Road

For the Bruce Springsteen song, but also a double meaning because I'm a meteorology major.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB3M43AEpc
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Harmonie

I've never been good at making usernames. Usually I go with something musical instrument related because I'm always proud of what I play.  :P

I came up with 'Radiant' when I shifted my life-view to one that's more positive. I used to be a very negative pessimistic 'realist'. However, then some things happened and I realized that negativity gets me nowhere and is a waste of my life. By negativity I mean thinking that life sucks, that I'm a failure that can never accomplish my goals, and that I'm below everybody else. That is very much how I used to think, and I let it be known. I don't want to be seen like that anymore. I want to set an example as well, but I know choosing a positive username won't do that.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

AnefIsEnuf

I'm not good at making up usernames. I'm not particularly creative. This name is a play on my actual name, which someone else came up with, and I liked it. Kind of boring.