Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saulgood

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
My name is Paul.  I used Saul as a tremendously cunning deception to hide my true identity.  This later expanded with the use of some intelligent wordplay to phonetically replicate "It's all good".

I know! Clever

:-[
Not bad, for a monkey  ;)

As much as it pains me Tank I have to give you your dues... you rumbled my ingenious wordplay in an earlier post.  You hide that intellect well!  ;D
"He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
Rudyard Kipling

Guardian85

I work in security, hence "Guardian" (Deep, I know!)
85 because there were other Guardians out there.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

saulgood

Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 09:01:40 PM
As much as it pains me Tank I have to give you your dues... you rumbled my ingenious wordplay in an earlier post.  You hide that intellect well!  ;D

Oops... I take it all back.  That kudos belongs to The Magic Pudding not you at all!
"He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
Rudyard Kipling

Tank

Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 09:10:53 PM
Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 09:01:40 PM
As much as it pains me Tank I have to give you your dues... you rumbled my ingenious wordplay in an earlier post.  You hide that intellect well!  ;D

Oops... I take it all back.  That kudos belongs to The Magic Pudding not you at all!
Thank goodness for that! I though somebody was mistaking me as bright and that would never do.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

truthandwisdom

Truthandwisdom is from my life-long pursuit of well...... truth and wisdom. They are also permanently on my wrists. Thank you philosophy for showing me how to think.
Non-belief in a deity is not, in itself, a virtue. It is simply the first step on a journey towards intellectual maturity.

fyv0h

Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

So, what does your username mean?

Mine just covers my main interests in life: books and cats.  Everything else is etc.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Guardian85 on September 02, 2011, 09:09:57 PM

Hey!  What happened to Guardians 1-84??? T_T
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fyv0h

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 03, 2011, 07:54:05 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on September 02, 2011, 09:09:57 PM

Hey!  What happened to Guardians 1-84??? T_T

He ate them.  :D
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Willow

My passport.
It's not my given name.  I've been known as Willow since about 1999.  I hated my given name, so changed it.  Willow is a tree name, and at the time I chose it was gender neutral, but has since become quite strongly feminine.  I did my deed poll legally changing my name in 2003 so that I could get married as Willow.

Even my mum calls me Willow these days.

Tank

Quote from: Willow on September 05, 2011, 02:03:17 PM
My passport.
It's not my given name.  I've been known as Willow since about 1999.  I hated my given name, so changed it.  Willow is a tree name, and at the time I chose it was gender neutral, but has since become quite strongly feminine.  I did my deed poll legally changing my name in 2003 so that I could get married as Willow.

Even my mum calls me Willow these days.
It's a very calm name.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

^  I agree with Tank.  I really love the name Willow.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Siz

I used to be a rower, mixing it with the boys/girls at Henley in the 90's
My lean legs attracted the nickname. They can now sometimes be seen in cycling lycra - not such an attractive sight.

Sadly, nothing to do with a propensity to spread my legs...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sweetdeath

I thought scissor legs was like a cool wrestling name or move.  Like "oh, she's on the ropes!  Is she gonna use the scissor legs?!" XD

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 05:27:56 AM
I thought scissor legs was like a cool wrestling name or move.  

I thought it was rooted in some Freudian fear.
The denial of the fear proves nothing either, in fact considering the weakness of the rowing prevarication it likely confirms it

I zort eet vos rooted in zum Freudian fear.
Ze denial of ze fear proves nozing either, in fact conzidering ze veakness of the zee rowing prevarication eet likely confirms eet.