Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Ragnar

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 14, 2011, 05:38:12 PM
It sounds like a cool warlord! "All hail Ragnar"  xD

According to the Sagas and Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, there was a famous Viking called Ragnar Lodbrok.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett.

Lecter

I got it from Hannibal Lecter, because like him, I like to eat people. I really like the character and the movie.
Bowels in or bowels out?

Tank

Quote from: Lecter on August 26, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
I got it from Hannibal Lecter, because like him, I like to eat people. I really like the character and the movie.
So as a surgeon you'll be taking a little extra for later  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Lecter

Quote from: Tank on August 26, 2011, 09:44:32 PM
So as a surgeon you'll be taking a little extra for later  :D

Haha.

People are gonna lose so much weight if I get to work on them.
Bowels in or bowels out?

Black36

Some people think that I may gamble, roulette perhaps? Nope, 36 is red on a roulette wheel. I've played improvisational piano since I was about 8. I am now 43. There are 36 black keys on a piano.  ;)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on August 27, 2011, 02:52:03 AM
Mine is part of a song by Amanda Palmer called Runs in the Family.

Any particular reason you chose your user name from that particular song?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Amanda Palmer rocks. I would love to see her in concert.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

BullyforBronto

Well, mine is a Stephen Jay Gould reference. He and Ernst Mayr are a few of my two favorite popular biology/science/philosophy of science writers. I was initially thinking of some sort of Derrida reference; however, differance just didn't jive. ;D

Infraclear

My Username stems from my Minecraft account of the same name. I borrowed a friend's account during the game's alpha testing period, and, on the last day before the game's beta release, decided to get my own account. The result was Infraclear, my attempt at producing an abstract concept ???. Where Infrared is the spectrum of light before red, Infraclear is the set of all colors that come before clear (a lack of colors).

Sweetdeath

saulgood

My name is Paul.  I used Saul as a tremendously cunning deception to hide my true identity.  This later expanded with the use of some intelligent wordplay to phonetically replicate "It's all good".

I know! Clever

:-[
"He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
Rudyard Kipling

Tank

Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
My name is Paul.  I used Saul as a tremendously cunning deception to hide my true identity.  This later expanded with the use of some intelligent wordplay to phonetically replicate "It's all good".

I know! Clever

Not bad, for a monkey  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: saulgood on September 02, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

I know! Clever

Not bad, for a monkey  ;)

XD