News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: A Question

Started by Whitney, June 16, 2010, 12:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"I've got Vista, but I haven't heard of this 'snipping tool'.
Go to, Start > All Programmes > Accessories folder, you'll find it in there.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

JillSwift

Quote from: "TomThumb"Do atheists here accept the possibility that they will one day fall to their knees and accept Jesus as Lord?
Do you accept the possibility you will realize that Christianity is a collection of fables?
[size=50]Teleology]

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Cecilie"I've got Vista, but I haven't heard of this 'snipping tool'.
Go to, Start > All Programmes > Accessories folder, you'll find it in there.
Oh, cool. Thanks.  :D
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "TomThumb"Do atheists here accept the possibility that they will one day fall to their knees and accept Jesus as Lord?
Put some odds on 'possibility' and we may be able to reach a determination.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

TomThumb

About 40/1

EssejSllim

Quote from: "TomThumb"
Quote from: "EssejSllim"I would sooner burn in hell. For all eternity.
Why?
For the same reason Jesus refused to worship the devil.

Besides, I'd put the odds of being faced with the possibility at something closer to 1/999999999999
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Davin

About 40/1
Those odds don't even come into account all the possible gods there could be, first the possibility that there is a god in the first place, then the possibility that the god is the logical contradiction known as YHWH. Not to mention how much the unchanging, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient Christian god has changed over the last 2000 years.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

elliebean

While I have an open mind about BDSM, I definitely wouldn't submit to a man, because I'm a lesbian. So no.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

pinkocommie

I accept that possibility with the same expectancy that I accept the possibility of one day interacting with the one and only true Santa Clause.  So yes, but really only technically.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

About 40/1
As I'd go for odds well longer than the UK lottery (14,000,000/1) I think I'd have to say a relative 'no' then.

i_am_i

No way would I ever fall on my knees and accept the guy who cuts my grass as Lord. He'd think I'd lost my mind! But I'm always happy to have a beer with him.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Tank

Quote from: "i_am_i"

No way would I ever fall on my knees and accept the guy who cuts my grass as Lord. He'd think I'd lost my mind! But I'm always happy to have a beer with him.
Actually I would love to meet JC as he was in his 20's and have a bevy with him, assuming I could communicate with him. IF the historical Jesus existed and as a man was anything like his propaganda I think he would be a great guy. Imagine hanging out with him and Mary Magdalene, that would be a threesome worth having  :devil:

Gawen

I do not entertain the thought. The evidence available for the existence of this god is so extremely low, it makes your question moot.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Whitney

The OP has been banned to help him stay away from HAF as he indicated was his preference.  Since he's a troll I was worried that he'd have a hard time keeping his word and wanted to give him a bit of help.

(And he was breaking conduct rules anyway)