News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: So, what are you watching?

Started by JillSwift, May 25, 2010, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChainSmoker

The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
The Jeffersons
Good Times

By the day:
Monday- The Event, Chase
Tuesday- No Ordinary Family, Raising Hope, Running Wilde, Parenthood
Wednesday- The Middle, Modern Family, The Ultimate Fighter (This show annoys and bores me to death, but I can't stop watching), The Whole Truth
Thursday- The Office, Outsourced
Friday- Teach: Tony Danza

I <3 the DVR.. I can't help it.

navvelline

Not really watching anything on television, other than South Park. Things that I watch online are  Penn & Teller: Bullshit, and a few other animated shows.
Quote"I am so good, I will not stop. Five! Now six. Now seven on top!" - Dr. Seuss
Quote"Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000." - Eric Cartman

Byronazriel

I never really cared for south park, though the video game for the n64 was good fun. I watched the movie, once or twice however.
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

pinkocommie

I didn't like South Park until I met my better half who LOVES the show and watches it all the time.  Now, I really like it.  The characters are pretty well developed later in the series and they do a really good job of making points without being too sanctimonious or pretentious, which I appreciate.  I also love cartoons though, so that effects my judgement of the show as well.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

TheWilliam

Dexter

Football

Family Guy

NFL

Will & Grace

PigSkin

Blue Mountain State

The Grid Iron

Bored to Death

Michael Vick throwing interceptions like a little bitch.

Boardwalk muthafuckin' Empire

TheChainSmoker

Quote from: "TheWilliam"Michael Vick throwing interceptions like a little bitch.
I love wathing that.

navvelline

Quote from: "Byronazriel"I never really cared for south park, though the video game for the n64 was good fun. I watched the movie, once or twice however.

I find it's better than most animations, such as, Family Guy.
A few months ago I became obsessed. Obsessed in a way in which I watched the first ten seasons in less than a month.  lol
Quote"I am so good, I will not stop. Five! Now six. Now seven on top!" - Dr. Seuss
Quote"Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000." - Eric Cartman

The Magic Pudding

QuoteLast Chance to See is a 1989 BBC radio documentary series and its accompanying book, written and presented by Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine. In the series, Adams and Carwardine travel to various locations in the hope of encountering species on the brink of extinction. The book was published in 1990.

In 2009, the BBC aired a television follow-up series of the same name, with Stephen Fry replacing the late Adams.[

This started locally last week with manatees in the Amazon, we're off to find White Rhinos this week.
Should be good.

hismikeness

I've recently discovered and caught up to the live broadcasts of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. I'm curious if anyone else is watching this?

According to Wikipedia:
Quote from: "Wiki"The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is a sitcom starring David Cross produced by IFC and RDF Television. It is about an American (Cross) who takes a job running the sales team at the London branch of his company, but who has no experience of British culture, knows nothing about sales, and has only one employee. The show was created and written by Cross and Shaun Pye.

Each episode begins with a scene of Margaret appearing as the defendant in a British court, with various charges against him being read, then flashes back to portray the events leading to Margaret's arrest. Each episode advances the plot in the flashbacks by exactly one day, usually beginning in the morning and ending in the evening. The pilot takes place two weeks before the scene in the courtroom and the first season takes place over one week, ending one week before the courtroom scene.

The first season premiered October 1, 2010 on IFC in the U.S.; it is scheduled to air on More4 in the U.K. from November 14th 2010.

I'm about as clueless about British culture as the character in the show, but there seems to be some crude humor (including a smearing of a Rememberance Day parade to sell energy drinks) and I'm curious if it is viewed as overly offensive to Brits. However, it is my style to appreciate over-the-top offensive humor, and this show is funny.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

karadan

The Walking Dead. That show is freaking awesome.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tom62

Last night I watched Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon" again.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

wildfire_emissary

I'm going to see gin Blossoms tonight here in Manila. :bananacolor:
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

LegendarySandwich

I like Futurama and King of the Hill.

thirtiesgirl

Walking Dead; Breaking Bad; Mad Men; Huge (prior to cancellation); Justified; True Blood; CSI; Law & Order:SVU; crime documentary news magazine shows like 48 Hours, Snapped, Wicked Attraction, ID (Investigation Discovery) channel, etc.; Cooking channel; What Not To Wear; Tabitha's Salon Takeover.  I can't afford HBO in my cable package, so I'm missing out on Boardwalk Empire, but I'll hopefully catch up with it on DVD as soon as it's released.  I love me some Steve Buscemi.
Misery's the river of the world; everybody row.  -Tom Waits