News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Is Christianity the default religion?

Started by EssejSllim, May 04, 2010, 08:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "Achaios"I stand corrected.Thank you Davin and pinkocommie :)  I remember reading something like my quote on a science magazine way back in my university years...
That information may have been correct back then. I remember reading, in about the mid 80s, that muslims outnumbered christians.
Muslims have AFAIK have never outnumbered the whole Christian community. However Catholics are the largest nominally homogeneous Christian sect and at some point the collective Muslim community began to outnumber the Catholics which may have lead to headlines like 'Muslims outnumber Catholics!'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

Oh, it wasn't a headline; I was browsing the Encylopedia Brittanica Book of the Year or something like that and happened to see a demographics chart of the world's religions. I might have misinterpreted it some way, I was like 12 then.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Well, I'm not sure and I haven't had time to go and find my sources yet, I did find the links Pinko provided but I remember having a report that detailed what questions were asked and pretty much all the stats needed to test how much the results could be assumed to be trusted.

I don't find it a problem for a religious pie chart to lump deism up with atheism because deism doesn't have to be religious.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.