News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Another Convert

Started by EssejSllim, April 29, 2010, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EssejSllim

Hello all,

I was born into a Christian family. I grew up going to church, worshiping the Bible, etc. In the fall of 2007 I was baptized. Since then, I've changed. I would not consider myself an Atheist, as I simply don't care about whether or not there is a God. I'm not denying his/her/its existence. Where I find fault is in religions, not Gods. (For the record, I own multiple Bibles and a copy of the Quran). I've read many interesting conversations here so I decided finally to join and make my own voice heard. See you all around the forums.
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

pinkocommie

Welcome!  I look forward to hearing your perspective on things.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Welcome EssejSllim... or should I say Shawn Spencer?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

EssejSllim

Quote from: "Davin"Welcome EssejSllim... or should I say Shawn Spencer?
Sweet! A Psych fan.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche