News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

God is love

Started by katiebam, March 11, 2010, 02:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katiebam

Hello all, i feel extreme remorse for my recent behavior. I would like to say that..... i'm baaaaaccccckkkkk   :idea:

Whitney

You get one more post to produce your logic while I try to figure out how you got around your ban....

on second thought...whatever, I'll give you and your friends a second chance on the condition that you all only post in this thread.

But be aware that saying that god is love and that god exists is not a logical proof of a god.  If you really are in a religious studies class you probably should know that for the final  ;)

pinkocommie

Quote from: "katiebam"i believe that God is the creator and i would like to hear your side about why you are so against this logic. :idea:

Oi.  When I read this, I can't help but think "I believe that Giant Hipster Panda is the creator and I would like to hear your side about why you are so against this logic."  

I'm personally not 'against' your belief in whatever entity you choose to believe in - I just don't believe it myself.  If it were simply a matter of belief, there would be no problem in my opinion, but it doesn't stop at belief.  Belief become truth which becomes Truth, which then is used to make laws which reduce my freedoms because of what you believe in.  That is honestly the only reason I 'speak out' as an atheist at all.  It's my way of saying, hello, I exist - please don't marginalize me.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

i_am_i

Quote from: "katiebam"Hello all, i feel extreme remorse for my recent behavior. I would like to say that..... i'm baaaaaccccckkkkk   :idea:

Well don't go burdening yourself with remorse, not that this is what you're actually doing.

You believe that God is the creator and you would like to hear my side about why I am so against this logic.

Well, okay: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LOGICAL ABOUT BELIEVING THAT GOD IS THE CREATOR!!!!!!

What I am against is the education system that produces such youngsters as you.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Tanker

Quote from: "katiebam"Hello all, i feel extreme remorse for my recent behavior. I would like to say that..... i'm baaaaaccccckkkkk   :idea:

Whenever you decide to post why believing in your creater is logical I'm sure we will be happy tell you why we "are so against" it.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Fallen Jedii

Honestly, I'm "against" the logic of a god for many reasons. I shall list a couple basics for the time being.

-How is it that you can claim that your religion is correct, while all others are "wrong" and "mislead"? Is an Aztec who used to sacrifice a person to the gods anymore correct than you are? This is why I love the whole "Atheists are arrogant" argument. How is it that I'm arrogant when you claim to have all the answers and supposedly are on the "winning team"?

-Why is it that all religions were created in ancient times? Is it because people had no idea how the world worked at the time? Possibly yes. Is it because people had no clue about science? Absolutely. People created god to explain things that they couldn't explain themselves.

elliebean

[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Ellainix

Quote from: "katiebam"i believe that God is the creator and i would like to hear your side about why you are so against this logic. :idea:

I believe Jews and Romans made that up thousands of years ago.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php? ... he_message
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Will

Quote from: "Whitney"You get one more post to produce your logic while I try to figure out how you got around your ban....
Wait, what?!
Quote from: "katiebam"i believe that God is the creator and i would like to hear your side about why you are so against this logic.
You're free to believe whatever you want as far as i'm concerned, Katie. It's when you say or behave in a way that's dangerous, hypocritical or dishonest that I take issue. If, for example, you presume to educate someone about something with which you yourself aren't even familiar, I see this as dishonest. If you assume your worldview is right and others are wrong without having demonstrated that objectively and then tell people as much, I see this as dishonest.

Regarding logic, here's the most basic argument I've ever been able to come up with:
1. God is supernatural by definition.
2. There can be no scientific evidence for the supernatural, if there were it would be natural.
3. That for which there is no scientific evidence cannot be logically assumed to exist.
4. Therefore god's existence cannot logically be assumed.

Here's more:
1. Under god's law, it is immoral to murder.
2. God commits murder.
3. God is be definition perfectly moral.
4. The definition of god contradicts his behavior therefore either 2 or 3 are wrong.

I've got more if you want.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "Will"
Quote from: "Whitney"You get one more post to produce your logic while I try to figure out how you got around your ban....
Wait, what?!

Katiebam is part of that group of students that I banned for not posting in a constructive manner.  I thought I had perm banned them pending contact from their teacher but apparently the 7 day ban I initially gave to katie for being a drama queen and arguing about the rules (I think that was the reason) took instead of the perm ban.  So second chances and all that....

Regens Küchl

Bravo. This is a nice forum and second chances are a good thing.
But I still think that katiebam and his fellow students posting here were all the same person ;)
http://www.atheistforums.com/

Whitney

Quote from: "Regens Küchl"But I still think that katiebam and his fellow students posting here were all the same person :hmm:

I haven't ruled that out as a possibility which is why I made the requirement that they all stay in this thread (at least for now).

Squid

Quote from: "katiebam"i believe that God is the creator and i would like to hear your side about why you are so against this logic. :)

katiebam

first, i am a girl, no man. second, i am no youngster. third, i am not tyler hence the name katie... and fourth, i dont appreciate being called a drama queen.  :brick: my class asignment is over and i am doing this for myself now. i really truly hope this isnt coming accross as inimical in any way. i really mean no harm. god told me to love all. i love atheists and i feel like i have a true reason to be talking to yall. so please accept me.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "katiebam"first, i am a girl, no man. second, i am no youngster. third, i am not tyler hence the name katie... and fourth, i dont appreciate being called a drama queen.  :brick: my class asignment is over and i am doing this for myself now. i really truly hope this isnt coming accross as inimical in any way. i really mean no harm. god told me to love all. i love atheists and i feel like i have a true reason to be talking to yall. so please accept me.

Look, girl who is no youngster whose name is not tyler, you posed a ridiculously ambiguous question and had at least 10 people give you thoughtful, honest responses AFTER you had already established yourself as someone with little respect for the rules of the forum.  Honestly, what more do you want?   :crazy:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/