News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Alice in Wonderland

Started by Ellainix, March 07, 2010, 07:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

I  haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it, especially since it's one of my favorite books. ...And the trailer looked cool.
The world's what you create.

Kidnapkid

I'm scared of this movie. Scared it will suck. Burton's a sell out going back to Disney after all these years. Burton worked as an animator or conceptual designer for "The Fox and the Hound" and as a conceptual designer for Disney's flop "The Black Cauldron" in 1985 which he was working on until left the job and is still uncredited as most of his gory undead scenes were cut. (shock shock) He left and went back to Disney several times in the past 30 years and every time he goes back he makes a crappy movie (With maybe the exception of "Nightmare Before Christmas", yes it's a Disney movie. Here's some classic Burton Disney films that will warm your wittle heart: The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, Vincent, Frankenweenie, Ed Wood, Nightmare Before Christmas, and now Alice in Wonderland.

It all comes down to money. Right now Depp is Disney's money making weirdo and like everyone who has a lot of money they want more. So they're banking on the Burton-Depp team now that they're making pg-13 movies. I feel confident enough to say that Burton probably wasn't responsible for the final cut that everyone is going to see in the theater. That a whole team of producers were watching his every move during production. If you like Burton films, chances are you're going to be let down or confused by this one. I just can't see it working on a cohesive level. Too much Big Brother involved with it's making. Plus Depp looks stupid.

Speaking of Disney, they've been raping mythology and childhood fairy tales for far to long. If you don't believe me Wikipedia Bambi sometime and read how they kept trying to sue Felix Saltan's family for the rights to Bambi after his death. (And almost succeeded.) They may own the sweet Bambi that everyone loves but that's not even close to the full story of Bambi. (Which is so much better, and one of the first environmental metaphors ever written.)  And I for one am glad the two book are still available.

In conclusion cartoons for kids are great, but not at the cost of our folklore history. Disney just perverts and changes things way to much and all any one is left with is a sort of sticky sweet sick after taste in the back of the throat and no love for the true origins of myth and fairy tales. I am skipping Alice, for sooooooooooo many reasons.
"We never know just where our bones will rest. To dust, I guess. Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below." -Billy Corgan

Sophus

I believe he's remaking Frankenweenie too.  :|
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Kidnapkid

Quote from: "Sophus"I believe he's remaking Frankenweenie too.  :|

Good Lord.
"We never know just where our bones will rest. To dust, I guess. Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below." -Billy Corgan

ClicheGuevara

Quote from: "kelltrill"I've never heard of 3D making people sick before. I've heard of it giving people headaches though. Here it was nearly impossible to get tickets for the 3D showings. ALthough 3D showings of anything are impossible to get tickets for really.

I also enjoyed the deeper meaning in the ending, though I must agree with Cliche and say I would have also enjoyed it more if it was a remake of the original and not just a return.

Wearing the 3d glasses over my own glasses gives me a killer headache which in turn causes a little nausea, for me at least..It's akin to motion sickness I'd say.

Kidnapkid

Quote from: "ClicheGuevara"
Quote from: "kelltrill"I've never heard of 3D making people sick before. I've heard of it giving people headaches though. Here it was nearly impossible to get tickets for the 3D showings. ALthough 3D showings of anything are impossible to get tickets for really.

I also enjoyed the deeper meaning in the ending, though I must agree with Cliche and say I would have also enjoyed it more if it was a remake of the original and not just a return.

Wearing the 3d glasses over my own glasses gives me a killer headache which in turn causes a little nausea, for me at least..It's akin to motion sickness I'd say.

I get a little sick from 1st person shooter video games. And when ever I try and read on the bus.

Sophus

Quote from: "Kidnapkid"
Quote from: "Sophus"I believe he's remaking Frankenweenie too.  :|

Good Lord.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142977/
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Tom62

I'd seen it last Saturday on an IMAX 3D screen. It was better than I expected it to be.  Loved the Chesire Cat and the March Hare. The Red Queen, Alice and the Mad Hatter were OK as well, but Tweedledum and Tweedledee didn't compute.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein