News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Alice in Wonderland

Started by Ellainix, March 07, 2010, 07:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

notself

My neighbor saw it and really liked it.  She also liked the third "Pirate" movie.  Go figure..

Whitney

I have free movie tickets to Studio Movie Grill (if you have one in your area go fan them on facebook and you'll see the link to free tickets on their page) and plan on using one set of them to go see in in a couple weeks.  I think I'll use the other set of free tickets to see that new horror movie that I'm forgetting the name of right now.

theTwiz

Saw it on Friday with the GF, she's been wanting to see it for a while.  She really liked it, I thought it was kind "meh".  It's nothing revolutionary and will probably be forgotten before too long.  Also please don't waste your money on that 3D BS.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Whitney

Quote from: "theTwiz"Also please don't waste your money on that 3D BS.
I wasn't that impressed with the Avatar 3D; but Alice in Wonderland is only showing in 3D at the places I looked so it's either see it in 3D or wait till video.

Well, and I have free tickets so it's not like it will cost much anyway.

LoneMateria

I saw it today with my gf.  It's not my cup of tea but she really liked it.  I think if you have the option of seeing a movie in 3d you should.  You feel a bit more in the movie that way.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

kelltrill

Saw it in 3D last night. I was told it was half price cos it was a Tuesday but it was just a miscommunication and I ended up having to pay the full R65. *rips hair out*  <_<
It was alright. Nothing mind-blowing. I think die-hard Alice fans will enjoy it more. I found the Hatter sad and the cat forgettable. Alice's outfits were fun to keep track of though. The cinematography was quite impressive.

[spoiler:16k35nyk]I found it hilarious that the red queen called the Jabberwokkee (spelling?) her "Jabber-baby-wokkee." That's my friend's new catch phrase since we saw it.[/spoiler:16k35nyk]
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

ClicheGuevara

About twenty minutes into the movie my girlfriend and I turned to each other and at the same time said, "this is really boring"

Ellainix

Quote from: "ClicheGuevara"About twenty minutes into the movie my girlfriend and I turned to each other and at the same time said, "this is really boring"

:um:

LoneMateria

Quote from: "ClicheGuevara"About twenty minutes into the movie my girlfriend and I turned to each other and at the same time said, "this is really boring"

I thought that after 5 minutes ... it was really boring to me.  Heather liked it though so ... I sat through it.  Sorry Ellainix, the way Heather made it sound I was expecting it to be better.  There really wasn't any emotion in the movie.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ellainix

Sophus

I can't watch 3D because it makes me feel sick but I love that it's so popular... all the 2D showings are practically empty even for new blockbuster releases! I saw Burton's Alice. At first I was thinking, "I don't like how he took a literary work and made it into a commercial piece of fiction." But the ending actually gave it a bit of a deeper meaning. So I enjoyed it.  :yay:

By the way, why is a raven like a writing desk?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

ClicheGuevara

I would have liked it more had it been just a remake, the story was really boring.

And I agree about the 3d, it makes me sick..When we saw Alice, there was only 5 people in the theater with us!

kelltrill

I've never heard of 3D making people sick before. I've heard of it giving people headaches though. Here it was nearly impossible to get tickets for the 3D showings. ALthough 3D showings of anything are impossible to get tickets for really.

I also enjoyed the deeper meaning in the ending, though I must agree with Cliche and say I would have also enjoyed it more if it was a remake of the original and not just a return.
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."