News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

understanding the religious mind

Started by wullie1320, February 21, 2010, 08:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wullie1320

the moral code was about long before religion, if you think about it, humans have lived for at least 50 to 100 thousand years. So in order to survive as a race there would have had to be order amongst communities and with that comes moral code... if there was none I think the human race would never have survived.

It just seems to me that the religious hierarchy of this world seek to psychologically own the mind of the week. That in my eyes if the biggest crime on the human race and come with it's massive monitary profits. I now understand what the religious hierarchy defend there position on religion. It's a same as one of the commandments is You shall not make for yourself an idol, which alot of the week idolise, for example, look at rome when the pope makes an appearance. shocking.... :rant:
As the historian Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-71) once said:

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

G-Roll

Seeming we are on the subject I found this article by the might christopher hitchens about his views of the 10 commandments.
An excerpt:
“There has never yet been any society, Confucian or Buddhist or Islamic, where the legal codes did not frown upon murder and theft. These offenses were certainly crimes in the Pharaonic Egypt from which the children of Israel had, if the story is to be believed, just escaped. So the middle-ranking commandments, of which the chief one has long been confusingly rendered "thou shalt not kill," leave us none the wiser as to whether the almighty considers warfare to be murder, or taxation and confiscation to be theft. Tautology hovers over the whole enterprise.”

I thought id include this as well just because its pure hitchens:
“One is presuming (is one not?) that this is the same god who actually created the audience he was addressing. This leaves us with the insoluble mystery of why he would have molded ("in his own image," yet) a covetous, murderous, disrespectful, lying, and adulterous species. Create them sick, and then command them to be well? What a mad despot this is, and how fortunate we are that he exists only in the minds of his worshippers.”

Here is the rest of the article
http://www.slate.com/id/2087621/
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)