News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What TV shows do you watch religiously?

Started by hismikeness, January 27, 2010, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkocommie

I think I need to add Law and Order to my list - both SVU and CI.  I loves me some sweet sweet D'onofrio.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Christy1981

Doctor Who is the only one I really watch 'religiously', at the moment I'm dying of anticipation for the new season. It's probably the only show my whole family sits together and watches. The great thing is that the series was first revived in 2005 by an amazing guy called Russel T Davis who is an atheist, and now we've got a new writer/producer, Steven Moffat, who's an even more ardent atheist than Russel!

Apart from that I really like any show by the TV critic/commentator Charlie Brooker, his current show Newswipe is showing on BBC4. I also love the political comedy 'The Thick of It.' Those are the shows I'll actually watch on TV when they're on rather than online.

bfat

Quote from: "SSY"Smallville, utterly addicted. When I first discovered it, I watched 4 seasons in about 5 days. The fact that every single episode is the same seems to do nothing to damp my enthusiasm for it. Something bad is going on, Clark investigates, gets his little buddy to perform ground breaking hacking jobs in less than 30 seconds to ascertain all the information he needs, Clark's super-speeds in to save the day, about to lay the beat down on whoever pissed in his strawberries, but somehow, a small piece of Kryponite is involved, sapping him of his super-strength, all looks lost, but it's OK, because somehow, at the last second, the Kryptonite gets safely contained, Clark enables god mode, and fucks up the person he came for.  

I am downloading the latest one now (Only 720p HDTV for me), but it is taking soooooooo looooooong.

:verysad:

Jeez, I guess I watch a lot more TV than I thought...
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."  -Willy Wonka

BadPoison

Quote from: "bfat"Other best shows ever: The X-Files, Firefly, Gilmore Girls (my secret shame), Buffy, Angel, and MacGyver

Hahaha - I never watched MacGyver, but I LOVE Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate:SG1 -I think it's soooo funny! My girlfriend has been getting into it too. Thank God for Hulu - they've got all ten seasons!

BadPoison

I watch The Office religiously every Wednesday night.

Ooops, I meant to post this in this thread:
http://happyatheistforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4411

curiosityandthecat

House
Fringe
Lie to Me
Good Eats
Penn & Teller: Bullshit
Moral Orel (even though it's canceled... I watch it whenever it's on heh)

Also I just happened to watch an episode of Legend of the Seeker and discovered it was actually very enjoyable! It's by no means a good show but it's truly entertaining.  :D
-Curio

Chimera

I don't have time for TV anymore. I have to study chemistry religiously if I want to have a chance of passing it. When I can, I like to watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Glee, Modern Family, Community, Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Rachel Maddow Show. I also have all the seasons of Futurama on DVD if I get bored.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

hismikeness

I also watch Lie to Me. I am eagerly awaiting it's return. Important Things with Demetri Martin is good goofy fun. Big Love is a quality show... kooky stuff therin.

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

BadPoison

Quote from: "Chimera"I don't have time for TV anymore. I have to study chemistry religiously if I want to have a chance of passing it. When I can, I like to watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Glee, Modern Family, Community, Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Rachel Maddow Show. I also have all the seasons of Futurama on DVD if I get bored.

Rachel Maddow used to crack me up!

Chimera

Quote from: "BadPoison"
Quote from: "Chimera"I don't have time for TV anymore. I have to study chemistry religiously if I want to have a chance of passing it. When I can, I like to watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Glee, Modern Family, Community, Countdown with Keith Olbermann and The Rachel Maddow Show. I also have all the seasons of Futurama on DVD if I get bored.

Rachel Maddow used to crack me up!

She still cracks me up. I love her show!
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Kylyssa

karadan

Oh my god Lost is awesome! I still don't know what the hell is going on but i really don't care. It is so damn slick and full of beautiful people. I love it!

Just downloaded the first four seasons of How i Met Your Mother. I'm not usually one for tv comedies like that but it was highly recommended by a good friend. It took a few episodes to get into, but now i'm loving it. Neil Patrick Harris is absolutely hilarious.

I'm just getting back into Caprica. It has been six months since i saw the pilot. I'm not yet sure whether i like it or whether i'm just still enamored by Battlestar Galactica.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Ihateyoumike

It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Dexter
the office
30 rock
breaking bad
better off Ted
lie to me
parks and recreation
bullshit
modern family
community
house
the big bang theory
scrubs

...and I may have missed some.

A few shows no longer airing that I will happily watch anytime:
arrested development
Seinfeld
stargate sg1
freaks and geeks
undeclared
x files
alf
rounders
sliders

...and I probably missed some.

Yes, if you're wondering, I have no life to speak of.
star trek (original and tng)
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Chimera

Oh, I love Arrested Development! It shows on IFC now. They run a few episodes on Sunday mornings. It's a great way to start the day.

SSY

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Dexter
the office
30 rock
breaking bad
better off Ted
lie to me
parks and recreation
bullshit
modern family
community
house
the big bang theory
scrubs

...and I may have missed some.

A few shows no longer airing that I will happily watch anytime:
arrested development
Seinfeld
stargate sg1
freaks and geeks
undeclared
x files
alf
rounders
sliders

...and I probably missed some.

Yes, if you're wondering, I have no life to speak of.
star trek (original and tng)

I love Piccard in every way, both right and wrong.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick