What TV shows do you watch religiously?

Started by hismikeness, January 27, 2010, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Dexter, Californication, True Blood, Top Gear, Good Eats, 24 (it takes more suspension of belief than the Bible, but it's suspenseful and goofy fun), Rescue Me, Lost, Mythbusters, Supernatural, Dollhouse, World's Greenest Homes... I think that's it. I generally watch most of them on DVD/BR, though. You've not lived until you've done ~17 hours straight of a season of 24.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Will"Dexter, Californication, True Blood, Top Gear, Good Eats, 24 (it takes more suspension of belief than the Bible, but it's suspenseful and goofy fun), Rescue Me, Lost, Mythbusters, Supernatural, Dollhouse, World's Greenest Homes... I think that's it. I generally watch most of them on DVD/BR, though. You've not lived until you've done ~17 hours straight of a season of 24.

That;s how I watch my TV a lot of times too.  I refer to it as 'marathoning.'  As in: Hey Beth, what are you doing tonight?  Oh, I'm planning on marathoning Cowboy Beebop.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Whitney

none...there are a lot of days I don't watch any tv and when I do watch tv it is usually whatever my husband has on.

Will

Quote from: "pinkocommie"That;s how I watch my TV a lot of times too.  I refer to it as 'marathoning.'  As in: Hey Beth, what are you doing tonight?  Oh, I'm planning on marathoning Cowboy Beebop.
After that, if you've not yet, marathon Code Geass. It's a lot of fun.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

kenh

The Big Bang Theory
Family Guy
That's about it.
I've lately been watching Netflix streaming video via PS3.  Just finished watching all the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes TV series this way.

hismikeness

Quote from: "Will"You've not lived until you've done ~17 hours straight of a season of 24.

Concur.

I did this with Season 1. I can remember it being about 2 in the morning and I was 3 episodes away from finishing. I was so hooked that I pulled an all-nighter the night before a big presentation at work. I remember thinking, "Ok, it's 2, I have to be up at 5, and each episode is 42 minutes long... that puts me about 4:15... ahh fuck it, I'll stay up all night.

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

MommaSquid

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I watch too much TV.

The Young and the Restless
Castle (Nathan Fillion, sigh!)
House
Two and a Half Men
Bones
How I Met Your Mother
Better Off Ted
Flash Forward

RIP Boston Legal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Gallactica (SciFi)

I also watch LIfe (BBC show), Dexter, Californication, True Blood, and The United States of Tara.

hismikeness

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I also watch LIfe (BBC show), Dexter, Californication, True Blood, and The United States of Tara.

Life is excellent. Any of the BBC Nature shows are so awesome the way they're filmed.

I watched Californication and really enjoyed the first season but Season 2 didn't do it for me, so I never watched 3. I liked how he was a total prick in Season 1, but it got too soap opera-y for me in 2.

I watch Tara with my wife, I enjoy it. She wants me to watch True Blood, but I can't do the vampire thing...

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

theTwiz

Battlestar Galactica (YEAH I KNOW ITS OVER STFU)
Top Gear
Entourage
Tosh.0
Archer
Daily Show
Colbert Report
South Park
The 700 Club [spoiler:1hcg0yb2]just kidding[/spoiler:1hcg0yb2]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

kelltrill

House
Family Guy (not amazed with it, I just happen to have a lot of it)
Big Bang Theory
30 Rock (slowly getting into it)
So You Think You Can Dance (some seasons are naturally better than others though)

Pretty much everything I watch I follow on my PC. I don't have DSTV (or cable, or a satellite dish. Not sure what it's called in America).
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

jrosebud

too many to list.

mourning the loss of dollhouse, as of last night.   :(
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

SSY

Smallville, utterly addicted. When I first discovered it, I watched 4 seasons in about 5 days. The fact that every single episode is the same seems to do nothing to damp my enthusiasm for it. Something bad is going on, Clark investigates, gets his little buddy to perform ground breaking hacking jobs in less than 30 seconds to ascertain all the information he needs, Clark's super-speeds in to save the day, about to lay the beat down on whoever pissed in his strawberries, but somehow, a small piece of Kryponite is involved, sapping him of his super-strength, all looks lost, but it's OK, because somehow, at the last second, the Kryptonite gets safely contained, Clark enables god mode, and fucks up the person he came for.  

I am downloading the latest one now (Only 720p HDTV for me), but it is taking soooooooo looooooong.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Jolly Sapper

Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men ( its really a terrible show but the humor is right up my wife's alley)

Do Netflix DvD's of seasons count?

AlP

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"Do Netflix DvD's of seasons count?
Yes  lol
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Jolly Sapper

Netflix'd

Weeds
Smallville
Reaper

There used to be a show that started last summer called "The Unusuals" on a Fox affiliate that I got into and then it kept getting pre-empted then I lost track of it after I started working nights during the week.