News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Facebook Mafia Wars scam sends anti-health reform emails

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, December 12, 2009, 05:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

It's been discovered that Facebook's Mafia Wars game has been secretly employed in a sleazy Health Insurance Industry scam that uses players' personal info to generate letters to Congress OPPOSING health reform legislation.  The way I understand it, to get free Mafia Wars reward points, a player participates in a Health Reform survey that then sends an anti-health reform email to that player's senator and representative in his/her name.  Possibly as many as two million such emails have been generated.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow explains ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34387500

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Tanker

Quote from: "Will"Fuckers.

/pardon my French

Technically it's German, regardless fuck them.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Ultima22689

WOW, yeah, that's lowdown and dirty, I know a few people who use that app.

Whitney

i play that on facebook...i'm posting this video there.

LoneMateria

My GF plays it.  The game is also on Myspace but I don't know if it has the add.  Those companies are fighting so hard to get this passed ... It makes me hope that much more that they get screwed over.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl