News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Creation Museum

Started by LoneMateria, October 17, 2009, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saeriva

I've heard of this "museum" before and am quite tempted to go to witness it for myself. From the photos it looks like it's quite a spectacle. I'm just not sure I can justify paying for this, especially since I know what kind of horrors my hard-won dollars would be going towards promoting.

Sophus

If you want a sneak peak inside of it you can always watch Bill Maher's Religulous. I recall a triceratops with a saddle.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Saeriva

Quote from: "Sophus"If you want a sneak peak inside of it you can always watch Bill Maher's Religulous. I recall a triceratops with a saddle.

I have seen Religulous (I'd also like to go to that Holy Land theme park, that just looks like a wonderfully silly time), but there's just something about seeing it for yourself that's morbidly intriguing.

kelltrill

Where exactly is this museum? Does anyone know how much entrance costs? I would love to check it out when I come to the states  ;)
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

pinkocommie

From http://www.mahalo.com/creation-museum-coupons

The museum is in Petersburg, Kentucky.

Evidently there are hotels in the area that offer two adult tickets with the purchase of an overnight stay.

#
Hours of Operation

* Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM â€" 6:00 PM
    * Fridays: 10:00 AM â€" 9:00 PM
    * Saturdays: 9:00 AM â€" 6:00 PM
    * Sundays: 12:00 Noon â€" 6:00 PM

#
2010 Admission Prices

* Adult (13-59): $21.95 (1 day), $29.95 (2-day pass)
    * Senior (60+): $16.95 (1 day), $22.95 (2-day pass)
    * Children (5-12): $11.95 (1 day), $14.95 (2-day pass)
    * Children under 5 are free

(why the hell would you need or want a two day pass?  From everything I've heard from others who have gone to the "museum" it's very linear and only takes about 2-3 hours to view everything they have.)

#
Creation Museum Exhibits

1. Noah's Ark Construction Site
   2. Dinosaur Den
   3. Natural Selection Is Not Evolution
   4. Walk Through Biblical History
   5. Special Effects Theater
   6. Created Cosmos
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

kenh

The visitors in the pictures seem somewhat underwhelmed.  

The exhibits seem to make a statement for science almost as much as religion, but then I guess I'm a bit biased.  ;)

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Evolved

"And God said 'let there be Steve'.  And there was Steve.  And God said 'let there be Tyrannosaurus rex'.  And he was huge.  And he ate Steve.  And God said 'oh, shit'.  And there was only one rib left from Steve.  And God said 'let there be Eve'.  And she was hot, and it was good.  Then Adam rode in on a Triceratops."
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

Whitney

If anyone in Texas wants to check out the creation museum in dinosaur valley Fellowship of Freethought, Univ. Tx Arlighton Freethinkers, and Univ Tx Dallas Atheists Secular Humanist (A.S.H.) are headed there on April 10th.  

Here's the info:  http://www.meetup.com/FoFDallas/calenda ... t&offset=0

Gawen

It is quite possible I'll be there.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Gawen

I wrecked my motorcycle yesterday...I shant be going. Sorry...and I was looking forward to it.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Whitney

Quote from: "Gawen"I wrecked my motorcycle yesterday...I shant be going. Sorry...and I was looking forward to it.

That sucks...I hope you are well.

I think there will be another trip planned out there again...perhaps in the fall.  I'm not sure if I will make it this time now either.

theTwiz

I wanna go but I have a wedding to go to that day.  On a semi-related note, the bride-to-be told me that it was entirely my option whether or not to go to the ceremony, but that she wanted me at the reception regardless  :(
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.