News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Parents and Confirmation?

Started by Emor, February 04, 2009, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Emor"Thanks for all your replies. I'm most likely going to be doing it D:.
My Mum said something like, 'It's like church, it's better to do it than not do it. It's more symbolic than anything...'. I honestly don't know what she means, AFAIK, one of the mere 7 sacraments isn't just symbolic... it's very important.
But, yeah, doesn't look like I have any choice whilst under her jurisdiction xD. I asked some Catholics what they think I should do, and they seemed to be more upset that an Atheist was going to be lying in, 'the house of God' about believing in him than anything else, so, I guess it's the church lost since I don't have that many strong thoughts. It'd probably cause more trouble than it's worth me not doing it anyway. When I'm 18 I will be notifying my parents that I am definitely Atheist.
EMZ=].


I don't know about it being "better" to do it than not, sounds a little like Pascal's Wager but yeah, maybe from a "keep the peace" point of view ... interestingly this leads me to a new thread (Atheism & Christening) :)

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]