News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Apology

Started by Titan, November 06, 2008, 12:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Again, off for Thanksgiving with family. I'll hopefully be able to get on in the next week but if not....it won't be until next Tuesday or so that I can get on.
"Those who praise the light of fire, but blame it for its heat, should not be listened to, as they judge it according to their comfort or discomfort and not by its nature. They wish to see, but not to be burnt. They forget that this very light which pleases them so much is a discomfort to weak eyes and harms them..."
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

Tom62

Quote from: "Titan"Again, off for Thanksgiving with family. I'll hopefully be able to get on in the next week but if not....it won't be until next Tuesday or so that I can get on.

Have a wonderful time with your family :) . I'm leaving tomorrow as well for a short holiday break and will be back next Monday. Don't expect me however to post anything here before next Tuesday, because on Monday I'll be suffering  from a horrible jet lag.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Titan

I just came in to say that I'm very sorry guys but I won't be able to reply in mass for a long time. Within the next week I have 6 papers due, one presentation worth 30% of a class grade and the following week I have 3 final exams. I don't want pity or anything (obviously this isn't anything exceptional by collegiate standards) I just wanted to apologize for prolonging my absence. Since it may be a long while until I am able to post again (possibly just under a month) I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to pose your questions more directly. If you feel there are things that you want answered immediately feel free to email those challenges to me, I'm not opposed to answering a few but I just don't have the extra time necessary to reply to all of your detailed posts.

My email addresses are:
natefil@hotmail.com

Feel free to send emails to either one.

Thanks and I will try to come back as soon as possible (the reason it could be a month is that as soon as this semester is over I am heading to Indonesia until January 12th and I won't have that much access to the internet)...

Oh, and curiosity, this made me think of you:

"Those who praise the light of fire, but blame it for its heat, should not be listened to, as they judge it according to their comfort or discomfort and not by its nature. They wish to see, but not to be burnt. They forget that this very light which pleases them so much is a discomfort to weak eyes and harms them..."
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

Whitney

Titan...I just got done saying in another thread that you are having to prepare for parties.  My made up reason for why you have been away is much more fun than your real reason.

Titan

Did I say college? That was a typo, I meant drug, sex and money.
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Titan"Oh, and curiosity, this made me think of you:

Saw that the other day and thought to myself, "Holy shit! I'm RICH!"

:D
-Curio

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Titan"Feel free to send emails to either one.

Thanks and I will try to come back as soon as possible (the reason it could be a month is that as soon as this semester is over I am heading to Indonesia until January 12th and I won't have that much access to the internet)...

I don't really get why it's easier to answer by email but whatever ... I will wait for you to return here and good luck with the papers. Have a good Christmas if we don't get to "see" you before then.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Wechtlein Uns

The poor guy. All I have to do is write one last paper and take one last test. and, as usual, I'm putting it off till the last moment.  :upset:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Titan

Kyu, it is just a matter of quantity. I can devote time to one post, or one email, or a few emails...but if I came back to the board in full force I would basically have to spend a minimum of 2 and a half hours a day answered challenges.
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Titan"Kyu, it is just a matter of quantity. I can devote time to one post, or one email, or a few emails...but if I came back to the board in full force I would basically have to spend a minimum of 2 and a half hours a day answered challenges.

Fine but if all of us took you on by email you'd be more swamped.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Titan

Final update (hopefully),

I'm sorry for the long departure for those who were waiting to finish the discussion we were having. I just got back from vacation yesterday and college starts tomorrow. I've come down with a flu so I'm a little out of it but I'm hoping to be able to get back on before the end of this upcoming week.

I realize that a lot of our previous discussions have drifted into archive oblivion so I guess we'll just have to start some of them over again and/or get some fresh stuff going.

Cheers,

Titan
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

Tom62

Welcome back Titan.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sophus

Oh Titan's back. Goody, goody.  :D

I'm honestly pleased that you're back. I miss our debates.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver