News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Athiesm and sex

Started by Messenger, December 17, 2008, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "VanReal"
Quote from: "Messenger"If you are an atheist you don't have well defined rule about sex; what to do and what not to do

That makes no sense, what does being an atheist have to do with having rules against or for certain sexual behavior?

He's trroooollllliiinnnggggggg.

:rant:
-Curio

SSY

Quote from: "Messenger"Because people will start to want and feel sex at very young age 10-14
So any legal system that forbids it, will not work

On those grounds we should legalise murder and rape as well, because people ignore those rules?
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Dragon_Of_Heavon

QuoteAdam and Eve had girls and each son had a twin sister, each son marry his other sister

I would love to see where this is in genesis. I have never heard of it before while reading the bible. Spoken tradition yes but not in Genesis. At any rate this does not disprove my point at all does it.
When the last bastion of religion falls the religious will look up at the sky and ask their God why? And then they will collapse wailing and grinding their teeth. The atheist will look at his feet and say "I think that I can build something better here!"

Messenger

Quote from: "SSY"
Quote from: "Messenger"Because people will start to want and feel sex at very young age 10-14
So any legal system that forbids it, will not work
On those grounds we should legalise murder and rape as well, because people ignore those rules?
Irrelevant
As sex is an agreed desire, we should make a way for them to satisfy it (i.e. marriage)
Plus
There is no punishment for under-age people who make sex, so it is very contradicting situation

Which one do you prefer
Your 14 years daughter to sleep with her boyfriend and get pregnant
or to allow her to marry (with some extra conditions)

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Messenger"Which one do you prefer

It's always black and white with you fundies.  There are plenty of other possibilities.    

How about educating her about the pitfalls of early teen sex so she can make responsible decisions instead?  How about nurturing her self-esteem?  How about teaching her about masturbation?  How about teaching her about the spread of disease and the dangers of pregnancy then teaching her how to have safer sex?  If yours are the only two options why aren't all teenage girls pregnant?

I'd actually prefer my teenage daughter to get pregnant with her boyfriend than to enter into a commitment she's too young to be ready for.  The statistics on divorce after teen marriages are staggering.  Why would I want to put my teenage daughter through both pregnancy and a crappy, poorly thought out relationship?  If she were married to another teenager chances are that they'd slip into horrible poverty trying to live on the wage of a teenage boy without a high school diploma.  Both children could ruin their possibilities of a future as happy, productive adults.

Teen pregnancy rates drop with education and the average age of the loss of sexual virginity increases with more education.

Unless you are just looking for a loophole to live out your ephebephile fantasies just like in the Bible.

Sophus

Quote from: "Messenger"sex is an agreed desire

No it isn't. Not only among those who have sex drives is it not always a desire given the situation but there are those who identifiy as asexual.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Whitney

Quote from: "Messenger"Which one do you prefer

If those were my choices, I would rather my theoretical 14 year old daughter have safe sex with her boyfriend then be asked to make a life long commitment at such a young age.   Ideally, I would have educated my 14 year old daughter well enough that she understands it would be in her best interests to wait till she is at a more mature age.

Forcing kids to get married in order to fufill their instinctual desires will only lead to an increased divorce rate as they grow older and realize it was just a passing infactuation.  Plus, getting married does not automatically mean they are mentally ready for sex, let alone children.

If we taught kids that it is okay to masturbate instead of pretending like it's a terrible thing, maybe they'd be able to blow off their sexual steam without a partner.  I'd say that would make everyone happy; expect that many theists have decided to blindly label anything pleasureable as sin even if their holy book doesn't say anything about it.  I guess it's pretty easy to control people if you can control one of their main drives.

Messenger

Quote from: "laetusatheos"If those were my choices, I would rather my theoretical 14 year old daughter have safe sex with her boyfriend then be asked to make a life long commitment at such a young age.   Ideally, I would have educated my 14 year old daughter well enough that she understands it would be in her best interests to wait till she is at a more mature age.
Marriage does not have to be a life long commitment
If they don't have children, they can decide at later age, if they want to continue or not
Plus you assume here that Adultery is ok

QuoteForcing kids to get married in order to fufill their instinctual desires will only lead to an increased divorce rate as they grow older and realize it was just a passing infactuation.  Plus, getting married does not automatically mean they are mentally ready for sex, let alone children.
Who talked about forcing them! they have the choice
People are ready to make sex from 10 years old!

QuoteIf we taught kids that it is okay to masturbate instead of pretending like it's a terrible thing, maybe they'd be able to blow off their sexual steam without a partner.  I'd say that would make everyone happy; expect that many theists have decided to blindly label anything pleasureable as sin even if their holy book doesn't say anything about it.  I guess it's pretty easy to control people if you can control one of their main drives.
Masturbating is not healthy mentally and physically

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"Masturbating is not healthy mentally and physically

Care to scientifically substantiate this?

A quick google turns up the opposite.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"

I think there are different opinions
and personal experiences as well

http://www.topix.com/forum/science/psychology/T3F17QBBS48MU1GB2/p7

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"I think there are different opinions

It's like eating then? It's basically healthy, but eating too much is bad for you.

:D
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"It's like eating then? It's basically healthy, but eating too much is bad for you.
Maybe, I'm not sure from the Medical point of view

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "bowmore"

I think there are different opinions

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1950s!

:brick:
-Curio

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Messenger"http://www.topix.com/forum/science/psychology/T3F17QBBS48MU1GB2/p7

ROFLMAO!!!  Seriously, go to that site.  I'm literally laughing so hard I'm crying.  I read a few entries aloud to my roommates and I'm betting the neighbors heard the laughing.  Extremely funny stuff there.  Sad stuff like kids believing air gets into your penis and goes into your brain when you masturbate and that masturbation ages you prematurely, but extremely funny stuff as well.

If we're going to talk about anecdotes being "proof" I can tell you I found two different vibrators and a number of other sex toys in my grandma's bed drawers after she passed away.  She died at 104 years old and was in her own home and able to care for herself up until three weeks before her death.

Sophus

From a psychological stand point: you're wrong. From a physical view: You're definitely wrong.

It's like an itch that builds up and needs to be relieved. Without it, we find very unhealthy behavior emerge out of this frustration. Crack open a few psychology books.  :lol:

Out of curiosity, if you think sexual relations are okay in marriage why would it be any more harmful for one to masturbate as often as the married individual has sex? It's craziness.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver