News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Stupid S&!t You Run Into at Work

Started by curiosityandthecat, September 13, 2008, 11:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSchune

Quote from: "tmd"When I was working at a pizza place, there was a lady who wanted to order a pizza with a coupon for two dollars off. This person would always pay with exact change, which is weird because most people just round up to the nearest dollar, even if they're not going to give much of a tip.

She had to do the math for herself at home in addition to me telling her the total. But what she didn't understand is that when you used a coupon like that, you're still paying sales tax (8.25 cents per each dollar) for the non-discounted total, then having the $2 taken out.

So instead of

(18.95 - 2.00) * 1.0825 = 18.35

it was more like

(18.95 * 1.0825) - 2.00 = 18.51

So there was a difference of 16 cents, and she made a big deal about it. I told her how that sales tax was calculated and she started arguing with me, like it was our 8.25 cents to the dollar to keep. In the end, she did the "I'll call you back thing," which usually means they won't.

I just recently quit my job as a cashier at a grocery store, and I had someone just like this walk through my co-worker's line.

Lady has a coupon she just pulled off a bag of chips - buy two of the bags of chips, get a dollar soda free (the coupon also CLEARLY states the value of the coupon is good for $1).  

Co-worker (who is also one of my good friends) rings everything up, and the woman starts bitching.  The small soda she got from the fridge rang up at $0.99 + tax, so it came to $1.07.  You'd thought we'd charged her $70 over, she threw such a piss fit.  "The coupon says it's FREE.  So I WANT the stupid soda FREE."

We tried to tell her that, yes, the coupon takes a dollar off, but there's still tax.  Seriously, if you don't like it, pick another country to live in.  But in the end my manager just gave her the seven cents off.

I sure did encounter some crazies when I worked at that store.  I could write a book about them.
Steve, I am going to fucking kick your ass when I can find it.

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Wh

Moosader

Ahhahahah...
I just quit my job at a retail computer store.  We'd constantly get people complaining that "I BOUGHT THIS PRINTER FROM YOU GUYS, IT SHOULD BE YOUR POLICY TO FIX IT IF IT BREAKS!" or, similarly, to retrieve data off the harddrives and flash drives we sell.
We do sell warranties on printers and they otherwise tend to have a year manufacturer warranty, but we're not the manufacturer.

Target sells croc pots.  If it goes bad, you don't bitch at the exchanges people about how they should be legally liable to fix it if it goes bad. ;P

Oh, and this one time some older gentlemen was telling the comp repair department that he should get a military discount because, "If it weren't for people like my son, YOU GUYS WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB!!"
I thought military discounts were for... people in the military, and not their parents.
Make lunch, not war!

jrosebud

Quote from: "Moosader"Ahhahahah...
I just quit my job at a retail computer store.  We'd constantly get people complaining that "I BOUGHT THIS PRINTER FROM YOU GUYS, IT SHOULD BE YOUR POLICY TO FIX IT IF IT BREAKS!" or, similarly, to retrieve data off the harddrives and flash drives we sell.
We do sell warranties on printers and they otherwise tend to have a year manufacturer warranty, but we're not the manufacturer.

Target sells croc pots.  If it goes bad, you don't bitch at the exchanges people about how they should be legally liable to fix it if it goes bad. ;P

Oh, and this one time some older gentlemen was telling the comp repair department that he should get a military discount because, "If it weren't for people like my son, YOU GUYS WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB!!"
I thought military discounts were for... people in the military, and not their parents.

I wonder if it ever occurred to him: If it weren't for people like you, his son wouldn't have a job.   :blush:
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins