News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Back to the old grind...

Started by rlrose328, September 10, 2008, 08:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Well, summer is officially over now that we're back from our annual, three years running cruise to Alaska.  The kid is back in school, hubby is out of town on business for a few days and me, I'm trying to concentrate on my med trans school work.  

I got a 91% on the last test and that bums me out.  It's an A, everyone reminds me, but I need to graduate with a 98% average, or as close to that as I can get and right now, I'm at 92%.  I'm not in danger of being kicked out, but the lower my average, the harder it will be to get a job I can work from home.  MORE studying needed... hard to concentrate since I work on the computer and the web is RIGHT THERE, taunting me to check out forums, MySpace, and Facebook... not to mention email... all day.

The kid is in 4th grade, is seeing a counselor for the bi-polar thing.  We are on our second psychologist... the first one burned through our 5 EAP appts, seeing the kid only 45 minutes TOTAL in 5 hours of appts, couldnt' remember his name, didn't give us a treatment plan to sign until visit 5, or the food list until visit 4, no med consult was ever scheduled.  <sigh>  THis new gal wanted copies of all of the kid's TAG testing results, a report from the previous psych, and anything else I can get for her AND after spending the entire first session with hubby and me, she did spend the entire second visit with the kid... and he LOVED her!  

So it's back to advanced math, psych visits, speech therapy, swim lessons, homework, school newsletter prep each week, med trans studying, carpool, and now, the kid is asleep in MY bed!  I don't know which is worse... overly busy and scheduled school year OR a bored kid over the summer.   :raised:  :banna:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MommaSquid

Quote from: "rlrose328"...MORE studying needed... hard to concentrate since I work on the computer and the web is RIGHT THERE, taunting me to check out forums, MySpace, and Facebook... not to mention email... all day.

Yes, distractions are everywhere.  Here's one now!

rlrose328

Yeah, thanks for contributing to my delinquincy.   :hide:
**Kerri**

quizlixx

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Jolly Sapper

YAY.. somebody else that's trying to make it through school.  I share your pain ... and urge to procrastinate on the interwebs.

DAMN YOU STUMBLE.. DAMN YYYOOOUUUSSEE!

rlrose328

**Kerri**

curiosityandthecat

Hey rlrose328, make sure you get a lot of pictures this time, too! The ones from before were astounding!  :hail:
-Curio

Steve Reason

Quote from: "rlrose328"Damn you guys... LOL!!!   :beer:

That is one hell of a sesquipedalian word.  You're just showing off.  ;)
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Steve Reason"That is one hell of a sesquipedalian word.  You're just showing off.  ;)

-Curio

quizlixx

Quote from: "rlrose328"Damn you guys... LOL!!!   :beer:
i don't know any of those words. :banna:
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

rlrose328

Quote from: "Steve Reason"That is one hell of a sesquipedalian word.  You're just showing off.  ;)

Leave it to Steve to give me a word I don't know.   :hmm:
**Kerri**

rlrose328

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Hey rlrose328, make sure you get a lot of pictures this time, too! The ones from before were astounding!  :D

And thanks for that clip... I LOVE that movie!  Gotta put that on the list to watch when hubby gets back.
**Kerri**

jrosebud

Glad to hear the kid likes his new doc!  Hope she helps.

My kiddo started school a few weeks back and I'm currently jobless, so it's *such* a change.  The house actually looks halfway decent and I've been able to go through and organize the closets.

The internet *is* evil incarnate when you're supposed to be focusing on something else on the compy.  I'm trying to prepare for a job interview tomorrow, but look where I ended up...
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

quizlixx

Quote from: "jrosebud"Glad to hear the kid likes his new doc!  Hope she helps.

My kiddo started school a few weeks back and I'm currently jobless, so it's *such* a change.  The house actually looks halfway decent and I've been able to go through and organize the closets.

The internet *is* evil incarnate when you're supposed to be focusing on something else on the compy.  I'm trying to prepare for a job interview tomorrow, but look where I ended up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBSwizauLg
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

afreethinker30

Wow well congrats on getting a A.  :banna:  Bipolar is hard to live with.Just watch on the meds.Has he has his thyroid checked?