News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Rainbows: A U.S. Government Conspiracy!

Started by McQ, August 07, 2008, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Msblue"
Quote from: "rlrose328"I guess she hadn't heard... only god can make rainbows.  The kids in my son's kindergarten class said so and the teacher agreed.   :brick:

What is it with religious people and rainbows?! Rainbows seem really amazing to them when someone dies.

Because they don't have much else to go on.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Msblue"
Quote from: "rlrose328"I guess she hadn't heard... only god can make rainbows.  The kids in my son's kindergarten class said so and the teacher agreed.   :brick:   :rant:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

LARA

Pretty sure that would go back to the old covenant of Yaweh thing, you know Sodom and Gomorrah, Yaweh gets pissed, Noah builds an ark, the earth floods then according to most biblical interpretations you get a rainbow symbolizing Yaweh's promise not to destroy the Earth just for a few pesky homosexual activities and such.   Which is why rainbow triangles as the gay symbol is sooo funny to me.  And why I don't want to forcibly shut up the Westboro Baptist church, although I really dislike the pain they cause to gay folks.   They are just going along with the story from the biblical perspective and they are pretty much the very worst proponents God ever had.  No better advertising for atheism than these idgits.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

jrosebud

Speaking of rainbows and Noah, is anyone else appalled by use of the ark story in conjunction with small children?

Be good little Johnny or God is gonna take you out!  (Oh, wait.  Maybe that was just a one time thing.  But just to make sure you know who's boss, he's going to remind you of the drowning of small children every time it rains...)   :confused:
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

afreethinker30

Quote from: "jrosebud"Speaking of rainbows and Noah, is anyone else appalled by use of the ark story in conjunction with small children?

Be good little Johnny or God is gonna take you out!  (Oh, wait.  Maybe that was just a one time thing.  But just to make sure you know who's boss, he's going to remind you of the drowning of small children every time it rains...)   :D  Shins rule!!!

curiosityandthecat

[begin thread hijack]

Aaaah, afreethinker30! I love the Mighty Boosh! Best scene ever:

[youtube:197hdb5f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt8boC1hpZU[/youtube:197hdb5f]

[/hijack] ;)
-Curio