News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

so bad for one's health

Started by iriss7480, September 29, 2026, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iriss7480

The Christian "god" is trying to kill me.  I just found out about a health situation which is directly caused by spiritual distress.  It seems like this Christian being is deliberately raising my cortisol levels throughout the day and have my brain be in constant fight and flight mode.  The pressure to be a certain way and to "obey god" is incessant.  This is called spiritual abuse.  Over time, this chronic stress is really harmful for one's health.  I need to escape this being.  This being really sucks at leading my Life.  A human being would be better at leading my life than this manipulative narcissistic abuser. 

Recusant

Quote from: iriss7480 on September 29, 2026, 03:52:56 PMThe Christian "god" is trying to kill me.  I just found out about a health situation which is directly caused by spiritual distress.  It seems like this Christian being is deliberately raising my cortisol levels throughout the day and have my brain be in constant fight and flight mode.  The pressure to be a certain way and to "obey god" is incessant.  This is called spiritual abuse.  Over time, this chronic stress is really harmful for one's health.  I need to escape this being.  This being really sucks at leading my Life.  A human being would be better at leading my life than this manipulative narcissistic abuser.

Hello iriss7480! Sorry to hear of your health situation. I hope you have some relief soon.

The Christian god isn't real. It seems that your spiritual distress is a residual effect of being convinced of the existence of that illusory being, or maybe of those who continue to believe in its existence. It can be a struggle to free oneself of these things. Possibly talking with unbelievers like us will make a difference. I'm glad you chose to join. I hope you enjoy your time posting and reading here!

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken