News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Victims of a Hoax?

Started by Recusant, September 06, 2026, 06:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

In their telling they were just engaging in perfectly legal political activities. They resigned their positions regardless (to shield the boss?)

Is their party actually more corrupt than normal, or are they just less adept at doing dodgy business on the down-low?

"Two Reform UK officials step down after undercover donations investigation" | Courthouse News Service
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Dark Lightning

I think the latter. Non-compliance with laws and norms has increased manifold in the past few years, and it's a lot more in-your-face since the ascendancy of the chump.

Recusant

Some might consider that a cynical assessment.  ;)

Meanwhile, our hero Nigel is still being plagued by the hoaxters. A perfectly innocent £5 million gift and people try to make it a thing just to persecute an upstanding politician.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Dark Lightning

I wonder how much more money Mr. Harborne made that he can reward Farage with that kind of money? And yes, I'm quite cynical these days. :smilenod: