News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Add yourself to the Happy Atheist Map

Started by Whitney, August 14, 2006, 08:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkocommie

Quote from: "British_Atheist"I live in Gloucester, England but how do you put yourself on the map?

Quote from: "Whitney"You need to be signed into google (i think)
Click on the "edit" button to the left.
Find your city.
Right click where you want the marker to go and  one of the options is "draw a placemark"
You can then click on the placemark and add a title and description.
Click save then done.

If you were on the previous map you are on this one and don't need to do anything.  I had to import it into google maps and have been unsuccessful in converting it to the new version of frapper (because they suck and didn't make it easy).  When I can figure it out I'll be moving it from google to frapper because that will be easier on people.

:bananacolor:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

aerie

Hey I'm new here too, would love to be on the map but can't find it!? Help? I know it'll be somewhere right in front of my face. I've got 'the' ADD, I can't see the forest for all the chirping birds.
Xtian marriage & parenting:
"...marriage and parenting sanctify you like no other...i want to saturate M and T's life with Jesus so that the see Him in tractors, disney movies, Trix, in the color pink, in dinosaurs, in mommy and daddy...and so on...."     ~billythebeliever (FSTDT)

aerie

Thought I had ound it but I was wrong...
Xtian marriage & parenting:
"...marriage and parenting sanctify you like no other...i want to saturate M and T's life with Jesus so that the see Him in tractors, disney movies, Trix, in the color pink, in dinosaurs, in mommy and daddy...and so on...."     ~billythebeliever (FSTDT)

Tank

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't get it to work.

Welcome aboard!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Quote from: aerieworldview: CeilingCatless

So totally awesome!!!!
[spoiler:ce5wkcil]http://www.krausdesigns.com/images/Emoticon/funny-pictures-cat-eyes-basement-dark.jpg[/spoiler:ce5wkcil]
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Whitney

Quote from: "aerie"Hey I'm new here too, would love to be on the map but can't find it!? Help? I know it'll be somewhere right in front of my face. I've got 'the' ADD, I can't see the forest for all the chirping birds.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 79f8196d35

Martin TK

OK, since I am NOT the most computer savy person, HOW the heck do I add myself to the map?  BLUSHES.. HELP! :hmm:
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Whitney

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "Whitney"You need to be signed into google (i think)
Click on the "edit" button to the left.
Find your city.
Right click where you want the marker to go and  one of the options is "draw a placemark"
You can then click on the placemark and add a title and description.
Click save then done.

If you were on the previous map you are on this one and don't need to do anything.  I had to import it into google maps and have been unsuccessful in converting it to the new version of frapper (because they suck and didn't make it easy).  When I can figure it out I'll be moving it from google to frapper because that will be easier on people.

:bananacolor:

parrotpirate

The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!

Whitney

Quote from: "parrotpirate"How do you add markers to the map?
see my last post  :D

Persimmon Hamster

I'm very confused.  I added myself yesterday, but then I got all worried that I messed it up somehow because I noticed several markers disappear -- including my own.

Now, today, when I look at the map without being signed in to :hmm:    :crazy:
[size=85]"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."[/size]
[size=75]-- Carl Sagan[/size]

[size=65]No hamsters were harmed in the making of my avatar.[/size]

thirtiesgirl

Thanks to Whitney for the tutorial.  I'm still not sure if I did it correctly.  I'm not so sharp with some of these newfangled Google things.  Ach.  At any rate, I'm in the South Bay area of Loss Angeles.  South Bay, represent.
Misery's the river of the world; everybody row.  -Tom Waits

SomewhereElseInND

ForTheLoveOfAll

Geez. There are practically no Atheists or Agnostics in Alabama.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

TerryDay

Brand new to Happy Atheist and I added myself to the map.  :)