News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Tiny rant

Started by Atheist Mother, July 07, 2008, 06:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheist Mother

A boy was in a serious accident recently.  He just graduated high school, and it is a sad situation.  He's been touch and go.

Today he took a turn for the better, awakening from his coma, with hopefully minimal brain damage.

His mother updates people, and I just got an update from a friend of a friend, a copied email from the mother of the boy hurt.

She says how great it is and god is to make her son better, and says that the doctors are still concerned they aren't out of the woods yet.  And the mother said she laughed at the doctors, and told them god saved her son, and is curing him, they don't know what they are talking about, blah, blah.

Now that just makes me feel terrible for those doctors.  But I suppose they get it often, no credit, it all goes to the imaginary friend in the sky.
“Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions”  - Jerry Falwell
“I want three words [on my tombstone]: 'Woman, Atheist, Anarchist'. That's me ”- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

leftyguitarjoe

ug. Well, she is DELUDED, and if her son dies, she'll be proven wrong in the worst possible way.

I hope for the sake of that boy's life that the doctors ignore her.

Tom62

If God would have looked after the boy, why didn't he prevent the accident from happening in the first place. God's ways are mysterious  ;) .
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Do they really think their god can be bothered with such small affairs as saving one kid's life when there are much, much bigger things for it to do?!  :|

I said it before, and I will again: Theists, if you are gonna believe in a fairy-tale, at least make it believeable.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Evolved

Unfortunately, these types are the first to thank god when something goes right, and blame (and sue) the doctors when something goes wrong.  I totally agree with you - it's a real slap in the face to give the credit to god rather than to the people who truly deserve it.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

EvolutionCalling

Along those same lines, when somebody gets killed (especially doing something stupid), it was God's plan for them.  Natural selection never gets it's due recognition.

susangail

Christianity teaches that you have to give thanks to God for anything that happens, including bad things. Somehow I doubt that that woman will thank God if her son dies though. I think I'll be sick if she does.

Quote from: "Asmodean"Do they really think their god can be bothered with such small affairs as saving one kid's life when there are much, much bigger things for it to do?!  :|

I said it before, and I will again: Theists, if you are gonna believe in a fairy-tale, at least make it believeable.
Apparently God is everywhere, knows everything, and can do anything, so "saving" a kid while simultaneously doing much bigger things in the world is a walk in the park for the Big Guy. Too convenient for me to believe.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "susangail"Christianity teaches that you have to give thanks to God for anything that happens, including bad things. Somehow I doubt that that woman will thank God if her son dies though. I think I'll be sick if she does.

Quote from: "Asmodean"Do they really think their god can be bothered with such small affairs as saving one kid's life when there are much, much bigger things for it to do?!  :|

Apparently God is everywhere, knows everything, and can do anything, so "saving" a kid while simultaneously doing much bigger things in the world is a walk in the park for the Big Guy. Too convenient for me to believe.
So... It saves that kid and not thousands of other kids that die or turn veggie every year..? And if the kid will eventually turn into a mass-murderer/devil-worshipper, that would be part of "His" glorious plan too, right..?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

susangail

Quote from: "Asmodean"So... It saves that kid and not thousands of other kids that die or turn veggie every year..? And if the kid will eventually turn into a mass-murderer/devil-worshipper, that would be part of "His" glorious plan too, right..?
I'm just saying what I was taught. It's fucked up but they obviously don't see it that way, which is my point. ("Turn veggie"? That's a bad thing?)
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

MikeyV

Quote from: "susangail"("Turn veggie"? That's a bad thing?)

It is when you're talking persistent vegetative state, and not vegan.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

susangail

Quote from: "MikeyV"

Oohhh. Okay, I get it. Sorry for the slow moment... (I'm a vegetarian so that's what I was thinking...)

MariaEvri

Quote from: "Atheist Mother"And the mother said she laughed at the doctors, and told them god saved her son, and is curing him, they don't know what they are talking about, blah, blah.

so why put the kid in a hospital in the first place. Leave the bed for others who trully wish to be there.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

EvolutionCalling

Quote from: "MariaEvri"
Quote from: "Atheist Mother"And the mother said she laughed at the doctors, and told them god saved her son, and is curing him, they don't know what they are talking about, blah, blah.

so why put the kid in a hospital in the first place. Leave the bed for others who trully wish to be there.

Amen!  Oh... I mean YES!

Asmodean

Quote from: "susangail"
Quote from: "MikeyV"

Oohhh. Okay, I get it. Sorry for the slow moment... (I'm a vegetarian so that's what I was thinking...)

Yup. I was refering to turning green and sprouting leaves, not being on a green diet.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

susangail

Quote from: "Asmodean"Yup. I was refering to turning green and sprouting leaves, not being on a green diet.  ;)